It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 24, Book 12


TREASURES

There are treasures in life,

but owners are few
Of money and power
to buy things brand new
Yet you can be wealthy
and feel regal too
If you will just look 
for the treasures in you
These treasures in life
are not hard to find
When you look in your heart,
your soul, and your mind.
For when you are willing
to share what's within,
Your fervent search
for riches will end.
The joy and the laughter,
the smile that you bring;
The heart unafraid
to love and to sing;
The hand always willing
to help those in need;
Ones quick to reach out,
to labor and feed.
So than you for sharing 
these great gifts inside;
The caring, the cheering, 
the hug when one cried.
Thanks for the energy, 
encouragement too.
And thank you for sharing 
the treasures in you

Author Unknown





Sharing doubles joy and diminishes sorrow

A friend is a present you give yourself

Robert Louis Stevenson

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

If we can share our goals, beliefs hopes and dreams with someone, we develop a relationship that is more valuable than any jewel. When we share things with others, life becomes richer and fuller. Happiness like a kiss must be shared to be enjoyed. My friends and family do much to make my days brighter.

There is a fine line in keeping your balance and while times alone are beneficial, there are also times when sharing is a must.

Trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough

Dinah Shore

I know some don't like to share their troubles.  They keep them to themselves and they boil and fester until they pop.
You can't keep every thing inside you with out doing some damage to your health, both mentally and physically.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday: caring and sharing!


Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!


'On Ya' - ma  

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Those are great Tuesday Twos, Ma! We do need to share and care indeed; I liked that poem about treasures, so many good thoughts in it!

I hope you have a great day and it is warming up a bit for you!

betty

Hollie said...

Sharing is a great thing indeed!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great Post...!!

Kath said...

I am a one who tends to keep my troubles to myself Ma,I must admit.No it doesn't do your health any good,but try as I may,I cannot change in that respect.I hate to burdon others with my problems when I have any.Even though I know well a problem shared is a problem halved.Guess I am a one who much rather listen to others and help them.I loved the poem too as That corgi did,Have a Terrific Tuesday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

JeanJournal said...

LOVE!! the poem, Ma ~ and "Thank you for sharing the treasures in 'YOU'~~ I keep a lot of things, good or bad, to myelf mostly...at least around people...My gr soninlaw noticed that I was quietly around them washing a few dishes, or playing with the gr kids,4 & 9, and he said "OtherMama...you're mighty 'quiet'...I said, Yes, I guess I am" ~~ BUT I know that when I start writing something, poem, song, comment, quotation, or random thoughts ...as they come to me ~~ I "write" TOO MUCH most of the time.(To each his (or her) own ways of comunicating...just so we get 'heard' ~~ and find a means of SHARING ~~ so that when we are 'gone' Our family, friends, neighbors, and even 'strangers' may have been blessed by our life in some way, (Hugs) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun(I VISIT ROME...A LOT(LIBRARY, MALLS, BROAD STREET, (just was raised there, and graduated from Rome High School in 1951 ~~Just get a special 'feeling' when I'm in Rome...but we bought a home in Calhoun ~~ and don't want to leave this place ~~ ever ~~until the Lord calls me Home To Heaven ~~ and since ALL my family(Mother, Dad, 2 brothers, 1 sister, are already there ~~I'm content to stay here with my 3 children and pray for their happiness as long as I can(I have a brother & 2 sisters from my dad's second marriage that I don't know much about ~~but pray for their happiness too. (see what I mean...I don't speak much...but WRITE too much.) GOD BLESS YOU & ALL THE COMMENTER EVERYDAY.

jack69 said...

I always love Mr or Ms Unknown and what they have to say. many times it is better than Mr. Known. LOL

You are right again, we cannot hold our troubles in side, they can fester and make us sick.

Cool here, but warming up!

JeanJournal said...

Ma, I left out that my husband, Clifford(called CW by all of us also went to be with the Lord 7 years ago. I miss him most of all~~He was always very WONDERFUL to me, we met at 15 years old, and he told his cousin "I'm gonna marry her." and 4 years later we got married. I LOVE the movie IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE that is on TV every Christmas ~~ have a DVD of it and watch it sometimes throughout the year also because I'M HAVING A WONDERFUL LIFE! ~~ and ALWAYS felt that was true of my whole life! Blessya! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the poem. POWERFUL sentiments. Sharing the good and bad with someone else gives you inner strength to face whatever's up ahead. take care, MA.