It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 5, Book 12






Let me not fear the darkness now, since Life and Light break through Your tomb;
Teach me that doubts no more oppress, no more consume.
Show me that You are April Lord, and You the flowers and the grass;
Then when awake the soft spring winds, I will hear You pass.

Charles Hanson Towne


THANKFUL THURSDAY


Lent has been more meaningful to me than in year's past. I had much to contemplate and much to be thankful for.

A healthy, loving family and friends, for basically all the necessities of life. Shelter, food, water and clothing...


For baby bunnies being born, and green grass growing too tall, and tree limbs budding with promise of flowers and fruit,  the dark nights growing shorter the sunny days growing longer – new life!

Very soon now Easter Day will be here and I'm thankful that once again I'll be able to gather with my family in celebration.   It is a celebration of Life Himself….it is a celebration of His gift of life in general, of the promise of life eternal, and of the power of His Love to transform the life we are living now… to bring meaning where there seems to be none, to change us from the inside out – to give new life!







All the days of preparation, the spring cleaning and the waiting are just about over.  

I'm thankful for the gift of faith that has seen me through the long winter into Spring.  I'm out of my winter hibernation mode for sure and springing forward the best I can.

I always try to be thankful for all my blessings day by day but the most important thing I'm thankful for is the love that the dear Lord has shown for us all.  



I'm thankful that Easter is near.  It's my favorite time of the year.  I sense the possibilities all around me.  New life is here!

Let all our hearts be moved toward THANKFULness this Thursday as we all embrace the LOVE we have been blessed with.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Easter is a time of renewal. It is a wonderful time of the year. I am glad you find such joy in this season. You are blessed to have your family and friends around you to celebrate. ENJOY! TAKE CARE.

That corgi :) said...

I too like Easter, Ma, for the hope that it gives us! I am sure you are lookingforward to your family celebration! I think it is neat you took the time to contemplate on things during Lent too; I'm sure it was a period of growth in your relationship with God :)

betty

jack69 said...

I know you will have a wonderful Easter Season. You expect it, and of course YOU will have it. so best of all to you and enjoy this time of renewal and thoughts of HIM.
Love from South Carolina whre it is good we are not leaveing today, the Interstate is backed up with an accident. someone's day is ruined, I hope not their life.

Kath said...

I hope you have a very Blessed Easter with all your family Ma.May it be the very best ever.You deserve it.Safe journeys to them all visiting you and going home also.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx