It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 3, Book 12



Lord, I will bless your name at all times, for your love is greater than any situation I am facing. I thank you for all you’ve done in my life—and all you are going to do!

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

Changes are constant, but so are God’s guidance and love.

We've known for a long time that when we fill our minds with healthy, positive thoughts, it affects our body and improves our health. This is just another way of repeating this truth. Or take the opposite viewpoint: Suppose we fill our minds with negative thoughts and remind ourselves how frail we are or how sick we were the day before. We soon become so filled with self-pity and self-defeating thoughts that we get even sicker.

Whatever circumstances we face, it is wise to remember:
God didn’t do this to you. God never left your side and is with you to walk you through the pain and disappointment. These words of wisdom have made me realize how quick I am to blame God for all that goes wrong in my life instead of leaning on God to see me through the hard times.

Our prayer today might be to include those who are finding it difficult because of some unexpected event or crisis. We pray that they will find the strength to keep going through what is challenging and wearying. Such a prayer always has meaning and a great help even when other options are few and far between.

Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God SMILES from above and says, 
Relax sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  Hope and God is with us.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like that line, Ma, Relax Sweetheart it is not the end, just a bend. So true on so many things and you are right, God is walking alongside us, even in the hardest situations that make no sense, he is in control!

enjoy the day!

betty

Sonya said...

Great entry as always, Ma! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kath said...

no matter how many bends I go round Ma,God always straightens my road for me.Prayers are powerful.I need them right now too,as Roosters Father is very ill in hospital with Leukeamia,please say a prayer for me and Rooster and all the family today.For which I thank you most gratefully.Have a lovely day Ma.Lovely post as usual.Take Care God bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Never a disappoint here at MA's house. I love the 'Bend not end' comment. GOOD stuff!
We leave tomorrow AM. Will mis Florida for a few months!!!!

JeanJournal said...

I'm home again...spent the weekend with my daughter & family...87 temp for Calhoun ~~~ (like a summer day) plenty of sunshine...(((Psalm 34:1 ~ I will bless the Lord at all times:his praise shall continually be in my mouth.)))) ~ Storms are headed our way tonight...already been pretty bad in Texas...Last Saturday, there was hail,dime size, for about 20 minutes and my whole acre was white and SO PRETTY!...A few days before Diane came out of a store and with others looked UP to a BEAUTIFUL! rainbow!...and after that Beth got hit by a car...totaling her car...(but she was not hurt)...I told them...GOD IS GETTING OUR ATTENTION...It seems the weather has gone crazy...and as for me....I'm glad I know THE LORD! is with me and my children!...not some of the time...but ALL OF THE TIME! ~~~GOOD THOUGHTS TODAY, MA...THANKS! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

Changes are constant, for sure. But positive thinking keeps you headed on the right track. LOVE that last saying. so sweet. Take care.

grammy said...

I love that quote (o:
no rearview mirror driving for me.
Love your posts (o: