It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 27, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 12



Question:  What does a baby cost?

Answer:  As much as you have to give.


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

Today the final prep for the DD's baby shower will take place. It seemed so far off when we first began planning and now, well it is almost here.

I was thinking about the best advice I could give my daughter as she becomes a mom and here are a few of things I thought would be important.

You can never love your child too much.  There is no such thing as too many hugs and kisses.

Always tell bedtime stories, 

Always say their prayers with them

Always encourage them.  Loving words are something your child will never outgrow

Remember, you know your baby better than anyone else. Trust your instincts!!! Every day that goes by you will know more than you did about being a mommy than the day before.

#1--You know more than you think you do.
#2--You and the baby are a team.

Sleep whenever you can. The housework can wait a few months.

Take pictures. You won't remember the details, but a few years from now you'll wish you did.

A happy and contented mom makes for a happy and contented baby.

No matter how bad you think your voice is, sing. For your baby, and for yourself. Any song works, even if you can't remember all the words.  

The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.

I know there are quite a few that I've missed but these came to me off the top of my head...Can you think of any others?

Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

At special times, memories come back. We have good (and a few bad) memories of the sons. We were too impaitient with the first, and more experienced with the second.

You have great advice as usual, the advice young folk need. I think the young folk are having children later when they are more mature. It helps. 18/19 is not a good age to be raising children. But, LOVE is needed no matter the age.
Thanks.

Kath said...

Always teach them good manners from being small,and right from wrong,were two of my priority's.I could go on and on Ma.I hope the Baby shower goes exactly as planned and you all have the best day ever.We have had a fine morning for a change today,so I took myself off to town very early,got back for lunch, and my word, did I enjoy that fresh air.I hope you get a fine day today too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

All great advice to share with your daughter, Ma. Mine is not to rush the days; enjoy the moment of now with them. Don't say "I can't wait until they sleep through the night" or "I can't wait til they walk" etc but just to enjoy each day, not matter how bad the day may be, because it does go by so fast as you know.

How exciting though with the shower! I know it will be a joyous occasion!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

With all your experience in this area... You know exactly what to say, MA. It'll be a wonderful celebration, for sure. ENJOY. take care.

betty said...

On the day of your grandbaby's birth, your daughter will feel unconditional love for her child. She will understand the love she has received from her mother. Motherhood is a glorious journey. Babies love the human voice and to be held. The shower will be fun.

Jean said...

Great advice for your daughter MA I know she will be a great mother. I always love to hold and rock my babies when they were small I hear mothers now say don't hold, don't rock them are they will want me to be doing it all the time. Thank you MA for all your comments on my blog I always try to read blogs but here lately haven't had much time on my computer and miss the comments. Take care. Jean

JeanJournal said...

Oh Ma! your girl will be a wonderful mommy because it is obvious that your children 'adore' you because you're 'special!' and show it every day in your beautiful blog! I"ll share my favourite poem about moms~~"MOTHER"~~~To one who bears the sweetest name~~~And adds a luster to the same~~~Who shares my joys~~~Who cheers when sad~~~The dearest friend I ever had~~~Long life to her for there's no other~~~Can take the place of my Dear Mother ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)