It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 12




Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.

Earl Nightingale
Radio Announcer and Entrepreneur



THANKFUL Thursday!

There's so much to be thankful for.  Life is beautiful and there is just so much to be thankful about.  When I know what others are facing right now and the tragedies that can come without a moments notice, I find my self overwhelmed with all I have to be thankful for.  There just really aren't words enough to describe my gratefulness.

 There are a few things really stood out to me this  week and so I very humbly list them here for you to read.  

I am ALIVE. Life is a gift. Mornings are gifts. Every time you wake up, stretch out those arms and say, thank you for the gift of a brand new day!

I CAN SEE. Oh to have the gift of sight! What a blessing! With your eyes, you can watch the magnificent world you live in.

I CAN MOVE. You are joy in motion. You have the ability to dance, walk, run, hop and skip as you travel the road of life.

I CAN FEEL. You have the ability to feel and experience all sorts of emotions - happy, sad, angry, confused, surprised, and disappointed and so on. Your feelings add spice to your life

I am grateful for FAMILY. Isn't it great to belong a family? Family can be our relatives or even our friends and neighbors.   Imperfect our families may be but here we find the opportunity to grow, share, give and receive love.  I am grateful for the people who are journeying with me.

The glory of nature is something I am really thankful for.. Sunrise and sunsets. Clouds and blue skies. Raindrops and rainbows. Birds in the air. Flowers everywhere

I am so truly blessed. I have so much to be thankful for, home, church, family, everything I need. And because of that, I'm going to live each moment with with all the goodness I am able to give.


I hope this Thursday is one that you can be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks for this post...i try to take a few minutes each day and count my blessing...they are many..!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

We are all truly blessed, aren't we, Ma? So glad you take the time to list your thanks and your blessings; it is a good reminder for us to take the time to contemplate them ourselves!! Have a great day!

betty

jack69 said...

Earl Nightingale is one of my favorites. He has a lot of logic and wit.
We are so blessed and thanks for the good read.

Kath said...

I am so gratefull also for all you have mentioned here Ma and being part of your wonderful journey too.Praise be Amen.Have a wonderful grateful Thursday as I am doing.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

It is a joy to read your post today. I've been in a foul mood and you lifted my spirits. Blogger ruined my week by automatically upgrading me to the new format. Nothing is working right. Blog buddies aren't showing up. Can't access my blog from title page after I sign in. Worried I won't be able to post something new??? But I'm grateful for everything else I have so that's that. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

I CAN SEE!~~I CAN MOVE!~~~I CAN FEEL!~~~ BLESSINGS!!! ALL MINE! AND TEN THOUSANDS BESIDES!!! ~~~ (((~~I have a friend from school I hadn't heard from since 1951...and found her telephone number and called her...After we talked for awhile, she said "Imogene, did you know I am blind?" I said, I'm soooo sorry, Margaret...I didn't know" (we were BEST FRIENDS since before we were in first grade..attended each other's weddings...worked at Lockheed Aircraft, Marrietta Ga. after RHS graduation)...She lives alone, as I do...and gets CD'S in mail to read...both of us shared a love for reading...)))) ~ I'M TRULY THANKFUL, MA for your blog that helps us SEE what is really 'important' in life. I'm especially glad and thankful that I can still SEE...MOVE...AND FEEL...TODAY! God Bless you! and all the 'commenters' ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)