It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 23, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 23, Book 12




Good Morning!

The adventure of life is to learn
The purpose of life is to grow
The nature of life is to change
The challenge of life is to overcome
The essence of life is to serve
The secret of life is to dare
The spice of life is to befriend
The beauty of life is to give

William Arther Ward

Have a beautiful day!


It's MERRY Monday!

Somehow these weeks just keep on coming.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are now all rested up for a new day and a new week.  It's always so nice for me to begin another one.  We never know as each day comes just what it will hold for us. 

I had hoped to get to my little place in the woods but the weather turned bitter cold so that didn't happen it all.  It was a very chilly weekend here and today isn't much different but I  have plenty to do here at home, so that's ok too.

 Did you ever have a down day when you'd rather just curl up under the covers in the morning when you awaken, stay there all day and hope that tomorrow would be better?  Welcome to the human race. That's a normal feeling to have sometimes. However, somehow we get ourselves moving and hope for the best. 

The morning comes bearing gifts of renewal, redemption and a chance to start all over again. The fresh dew on the Spring leaves glimmer as the sun is just starting to poke her head out from the horizon and imbue each morning with the promise of revival

 Moments like these remind me that life goes on.  We need to remember that each moment is precious and that we should live in the present moment. Time is irreplaceable and once it has passed it will never return. It is up to us to make use of every moment of every day to our advantage.  No two days are ever alike.  

One of my favorite things about life is that we all get a chance, once a day, to start over.


Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

jack69 said...

Remembering that life is precious. I always get a lift here, to borrwo from Ward:
The challenge of life is to overcome!

How very true, and though rough while doing it, pleasure is gained when you have actually OVERCOME!!

Cool here but sun is up.

That corgi :) said...

I like that Ma; we do have a chance to start over each and every new day!! I guess winter still wants to remind you guys it was there; sorry it turned cold and prevented plans to get to your trailer! Hoping you'll be there soon! I like that little poem by William Arther Ward; especially the challenge of life is to overcome. That is hard sometimes to do but so necessary if one wants to live a life full of joy :)

wishing you a great Monday too!

betty

Hollie said...

I'm enjoying my Monday as it's my day off! It has turned cold & windy here! I hope you get to the camper soon as I know how you love it there!

Kath said...

I am so waiting for that sun to poke it's head out of the horizon Ma.It is very cool with all the rain we are getting here.I felt frozen through when I arrived home at lunchtime,from my Doctors appointment.I felt like curling up under the duvet He-He,but I decided to start over again.Sorry you didn't get to go camping.Have a lovely Monday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Everyday brings new challenges. Having a FRESH start to each day does give you the strength to face them, for sure. Sorry the weather kept you from enjoying some time at your camper in the woods. It was 34-35 degrees here last night. Very cold, indeed. Think SUNSHINE. take care.

Barbara said...

Just about every morning I would love to curl back under the duvet but I know how much I would regret it when I would not get done the things I am looking forward to doing.

We say " April showers bring forth May flowers"

We are certainly having the April showers - torrential. They began as soon as the drought restrictions were put in place.

grammy said...

Well... sometimes it is alright to cuddle up and stay in bed (o:
Funny thing, when we are camping we both feel free to sleep in. Really strange for my early rising husband. It is fun to be AWAY.

JeanJournal said...

CHILLY!! HERE TODAY, but plenty of sunshine & blue skys...with strong winds ~ I like the next to the last line in your post, Ma ((((One of the things I like about life is that we all get a chance, once a day, to start over.))) It is AMAZING! to watch the WORLD NEWS and see how the weather seems to be on an 'imaginary spree'! keeps us... w o n d e r i n g...what will happen...next?...The sudden few inches of dime size hail here at my house was kinda scary...but looked like a yardfull of SNOW (and really beautiful...) but made me think that WE SHOULD CHERISH EVERY MOMENT OF TIME) ~~ for in just 3 0r 4 minutes...my yard was CHANGED! ~ and makes me think of a hymn EACH MOMENT OF TIME IS PRECIOUS TO ME...for Jesus, my Lord expects me to be...both faithful & true the journey all through...EACH MOMENT OF TIME, WHILE HERE ON EARTH, IS PRECIOUS TO ME.....(Praise GOD! ~ Whose Eye is on the sparrow...and each one WHO BELIEVES IN HIM! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)