It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 22, Book 12





....all our busy rushing ends in nothing

Psalm 39:6


I realized that we’ve been spoiled by the word instant in our lives today. We have instant credit approval, instant oatmeal, and instant love. We’ve tried to trap God into the same way of thinking. God, give it to me now, we pray. Or if we don’t use those words, that’s what we mean.
We need to enjoy our lives now, right now while we wait. So many people complain about wasting time, which is how they talk about waiting. Instead of pacing and grumbling about how long we have to wait in line at the grocery store or the traffic congestion on the expressway, what if you said, Thanks, God. I can slow down now. I can enjoy this moment. Every second of my life doesn’t have to be productive or bring results.

Your life and your times are in God’s hands. Doesn’t it follow then, that if you’re facing delays and have to wait, God knows? He’s the One who controls the clock of life. My times are in Your hands. I do believe that’s the way God wants you to live and to enjoy the waiting time. Don’t focus just on receiving or moving on. Focus on relishing the moments that God has given you to RELAX, and enjoy them as a gift from God Himself.  God gives us time, but who has time for God.


To rest, we have to trust that God will take care of things for us. We have to trust that, if we take a day off, the world will not stop turning on its axis

We need time to breathe deep and to see real.  It's Sunday again and I'm looking forward to a relaxing day here.  This coming week will be a busy one as we prepare for and celebrate at a baby shower for DD!  This will be a very happy and exciting time for her.  She waited many long years for this baby and very soon he will be here!

Waiting is NOT always easy, but for her the 9 months of waiting and years of praying for her very own little one are almost here.  I keep telling her to enjoy it now as very soon her days are going to be busier than she could possible imagine.

I hope you all have a relaxed, restful Sunday and may renewal and restoration be yours for the coming week ahead

As always you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

peggy said...

I needed to hear that every second of my life doesn't have to be productive or bring results. And I think I will try to accept that. I have never known how to not-work. I am so happy for that little baby that has been so yearned for, what a beautiful life is in store for that little one. Happy Sunday!

jack69 said...

Good morning MA, a little slow rain here. good for the ground. It will slow the project down, but that is no problem. I like the statement about expecting the little one:
I keep telling her to enjoy it now as very soon her days are going to be busier than she could possible imagine.

And you are so right, but everyone must experience it to REALLY KNOW IT!
Hope your Sunday is beautiful, no matter what the weather.

That corgi :) said...

I liked this one, Ma. We do need to relax and we do need to learn how to relax while we are waiting for something. How exciting with the upcoming baby shower!! I know it will be a joyous event! You are right, your daughter's days will never be the same once her little precious bundle of joy is born, but boy what an adventure right?

have a great relaxing day!

betty

ADB said...

How exciting, a new baby in the family. Hope all goes well.

JeanJournal said...

Our family has drifted away from many things we used to do...and are somewhat not doing much together...I really miss 'all that'. My daughter's husband comes and goes with me to church.(but have only made it twice this year}...I don't call that being faithful to the Lord(When my mom had a dissapointment...she would say...The LORD knows all about it...and somehow all was well again...GOD INHABITS HIS PRAISES!.. .I sing throughout the day as she did...and listen to hymns and that keeps me happy and whole(to do that ... is just like 'breathing' to me.)) You are in my prayers and thoughts also, dear Ma

Kath said...

I ama very pacient person Ma,waiting doesn't bother me,but I do often have to say to company relax slow down.I ma so happy for your DD and the new arrival due.Never a truer word spoken Ma,than her being busy when the time comes.Have a Bllessed Sunday Enjoy your relaxation.Goodnight and Godbless,it is my bedtime now.10pm here and I am so so tired xxx

Rose said...

I truly enjoyed this Post. Good job.

TARYTERRE said...

Patience is a virtue indeed. Your DD is very blessed to be having this baby. I'm so happy for her and you. Have a wonderful time at the shower. ENJOY. Take care.