It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 20, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 20, Book 12



Always put off until tomorrow what you shouldn't do at all.

Morris Mandel


FANTASTIC Friday!  


You should means something like I think it is a good idea for you to do it.

You shouldn't means something like I think it is a bad idea for you to do it.

There are truly lots of should's and shouldn't in our lives. Many of these rules of life I learned as a child.  Some of them were valuable and others just weren't worth repeating and many were learned through the years.   I picked out some of the important ones that I've heard to share with you all today.  

SHOULD NOTS

You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree

Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is about.

When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.

 Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does



Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
-Shel Silverstein

You have heard the same cant’s, won’ts, nevers, or don’ts that have been and will be heard by many, many others. They will be heard again by me, and they will be heard again by you. When we hear it, or when they seep into our thoughts, we’ll need to be reminded that, in time… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.

SHOULD'S

However good or bad a situation is, it will change

Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.

Always choose life

Believe in miracles

Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift


I shouldn't be surprised, but Friday is here again.  It's the end of another busy week and I'm looking forward to a great weekend.
It should be a fantastic  Friday here at my house.  I'm baking a cake for a big celebration for our Prince Charming tomorrow!

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Yum on the cake; I'm sure the celebration will be a great one! I liked the line "Don't compare your life to ohers". I needed that this morning Ma; thanks! I also like God never blinks, that is so true! You are right, Ma, amazing how fast Fridays come around these days! Enjoy!

betty

Kath said...

Yes so true how the weeks are going by so quickly Ma.It sounds like you are going to enjoy baking that cake.Mmmmm !! I hope you have the most wonderful time with your Family and your wonderful Prince Charming.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

It is so true that everybody's journey in life is different. I have one daughter that must WIN every arguement no matter what. It used to be silly when she was younger. Now it's just plain sad. That cake you're making sounds scrumptious. Have a WONDERFUL celebration. ENJOY! Take care.

JeanJournal said...

ALWAYS! ~ CHOOSE LIFE! ~ for ANYRHING! IS POSSIBLE! ~ I have been AMAZED!!! many times by a SURPRISE! WONDERFUL GIFT! ~~~ The most recent (~learning that a friend(I thought had died) is still alive~) ~ Blessya! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

jack69 said...

You have a quote on here that has helped me in many a frustrating time. Things are subject to change. I had a SS teacher say that and it has stuck.

Sending Love from NC. We are still at work.... Cool weather.

Martha said...

Hope your week has been wonderful and hope the weekend is even better. Enjoy!! :)