It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 02, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 2, Book 12



Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!

Author Unknown

I like to think of life as a ride in an amusement park . Sometimes I need to remind myself of this … and those are the moments when I throw my arms in the air and just RIDEThis roller coaster ride called life gets that way from time to time. What am I talkin’ bout from time to time… pretty much ALL the time. Up and down and all around.

The journey of life is unique and precious, and we all need to cherish and be grateful for what we have.

We all ride the roller coaster called, Life! Sometimes, the ride is fun and exciting, and, during other times, it can be a challenging and scary ride. But, as we face each day, we must remain positive and find ways to turn the good experiences into positive thoughts and motivations.  Sometime life can take our breath away.  Times of person brokenness, death, disease, heartache,financial need, family turmoil  are the hard things that bring us to our knees crying.


Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason in the rough rides we experience.  Roller coaster rides go through tunnels and dark places, as I well know.  It is frightening when you can't see your hand in front of you or the person next to you.

One day is full of clear blue sky and illuminating sunlight…another day the sky is full of dark clouds and a blinding rain falls.


That’s what part of living is about.  We are forever and consistently being presented with situations that challenge us, make us grow, teach us lessons about life, and make us into more conscious beings. Without challenges, life would be pretty dull, and we would never grow to become better people.



As we go on this wonderful journey called life we need to always face life with an open mind and in the spirit of growth.  Embrace the things that life presents you, and in the process learn their purpose for being there. So go on out, breathe the fresh air and enjoy the ride.

I'm going to get out there and enjoy the ride today.

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!
'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I liked the pictures of the roller coasters, Ma. They are fun to look at either in person or through pictures, but I'm not a fan of riding them myself :)

I do like your comment that a life without challeges would be pretty dull. I think it is great to have periods of rest without a lot of stress, but you are right, it is in the challenges and trials that we do grow!

I hope it is a Merry Monday for you!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Embracing life with an open mind is the key, just like you said. I LOVE that quote at the beginning of your post. I'm well on my way. LOL Take care.

jack69 said...

You touch such a cord at times. I loved the way you described just throwing your arms up and enjoying the ride. One of the best statements I have read in a long time. THANKS!!!!
LOVE FROM HERE
South Carolina next, probably Wednesday!!
We just came back from the Russel Stover Candy Outlet, we bought about 7-8 lbs of CHOCOLATE. The outlet is less than a mile from where we sit!!

JeanJournal said...

Ma, you are really CELEBRATING LIFE TODAY! ~ I'm SO GLAD! to be around on this earth for a little time or a long time...and plan to ENJOY THE RIDE!...and help somebody else however I can. Blessings and hugs to you today. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)