It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 17, Book 12



There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude.  The big difference is if it is positive or negative.

 W. Clement Stone



TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday/ possitive or negative

One of the most important--and consistent--rules of life is that life gives to us what we give to life.  


Pessimists see only the dark side of the clouds, and mope; philosophers see both sides, and shrug; optimists don't see the clouds at all -- they're walking on them.       

Leonard Louis Levinson

Nobody's saying that everyone should be outgoing optimists, but it is true that an optimistic outlook on life helps us to meet more optimistic people and to encounter more positive experiences



Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.

Zig Zigler

  Remember there is a huge difference between having the intention to develop a positive mental attitude and trying to force yourself to do so, if our thoughts focus on what we don’t want that is what we will see.

Trying to be optimistic doesn't mean ignoring the uglier sides of life. It just means focusing on the positive as much as possible.  It gets easier with practice.




There always has to be a positive and a negative side to just about everything in life.  I'm positive I won't be negative today.  I'm optimistic that every day has some good in it and Tuesdays are my day to be TERRIFIC.


That's my 2 for this Tuesday:  positive and optimistic!

I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I'm positive I won't be negative today, either. I LOVE this. Makes me feel good. We have had wild winds and rain. But the temps are gradually heating up towards end of week. Time for me to start a new book and sit outside. Hope you get lots of sunshine too. Take care.

jack69 said...

You reminded me of a conversation between mom and dad once. Dad was aggravated about something and Mom had tried to calm him down.
He: 'Grace you would find something good to say about the devil!'
Mama: 'Well Frank, he does work hard!'
Dad had to laugh!!!!
Always love coming here.

That corgi :) said...

I loved that HOPE sign; I'm going to remember those words and try to be more optimistic. I go in spurts, sometimes pessimistic, sometimes optimistic. Maybe I need to lean more towards optimism :) Great 2s for Tuesday!

betty

Kath said...

I am going to make the rest of me day a Terrific Tuesday with you Ma.Thankyou.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

JeanJournal said...

TODAY ~ Ma ~ I'm thinking of times in my life when I would go ...bunkers...over itsy, bitsy, things that NOW I don't even notice as being an aggravation to me...I guess we LIVE & LEARN that HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE! I'm not interested in gloom & doom as a lifestyle these days...Good post! and I also love to drop by your house each day. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

grammy said...

Beautiful words and very encouraging... I like the Hope sign... I will have to remember that (o: