It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 16, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 16, Book 12


When you’re older, you realize that the issue is to know how rich life is. . . 
It’s learning to just be in such joy with what you have.

Marianne Williamson



MERRY Monday!

Abraham Lincoln said, And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years. Isn’t that so true? 

A lot of our happiness has to do with where we look, where we allow our eyes to rest.  We’re faced with this decision every single day. We can look at what we think is missing or isn’t quite perfect, or we can zero in on the beautiful things we wouldn’t change for anything in the world.

I've even caught myself complaining and whining about things that are really blessings.  I can remember a time when I'd complain about wanting to get just a moment's peace without somebody asking me to do something or calling me on the phone, but I've found out that when the phone is silent and I'm home alone,  I find myself feeling lonely.

Sometimes it is much easier to complain than to have a grateful heart and often the things I'm complaining about are things I really do have control over, but just wish I didn't have to put forth the effort to make the changes happen. 

 Every now and then I think we all need to remind ourselves of how much we love our life. Fall a little more in love with it each day.  Today there will be no complaining here at my house, I'll just be enjoying my day and loving it!



Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I hear what you're saying. I have been feeling a little disatisfied with my life because of my health issues. And the fact it limits me from going places I want to go. But I'm learning to work around it. There is joy in living and you should EMBRACE it everyday. Sometimes we lose sight of it, though. Take care. Glad you got to the camper.

That corgi :) said...

I liked this, Ma. I liked that part to fall a little more in love with our life each day. Those are very wise words! I'm going to embrace that. It is also so true how we do complain about things we have no control of; like the weather for instance :)

Have a great day!

betty

jack69 said...

I think your family and the world that knows MA, will say (Many years from now):
SHE LOVED LIFE AND IT LOVED HER BACK

You come up with some good ones. I got a smile thinking of you and your coffee this morning, NICE!

Kath said...

Taryterre took the words from ny mouth in her comment Ma.I am learning to appreciate and be thankful for the beautiful things around me,when I cannot get far.I hope you do enjoy your day Ma and it turns out to be a realy good one.Take Care God bless Kath xx

JeanJournal said...

Ma, This is a lovely post today. Can hardly wait for what you come up with for Tuesday...I think...(((((LIFE IS FOR (LIVING!)...LIFE IS FOR (GIVING!)...LIFE IS FOR (SHARING!)...LIFE IS FOR (CARING!)...))))) ~ You never dissapoint your readers, Ma...and...as MacDonald's slogan says (I'M LOVING IT!))~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun