It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 14, Book 12


I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once

SUPER SATURDAY!

It's been a busy week here at my house.  When I've been speeding around from place to place, task to task, project to project, I always take some time out to just be present in the moment. I try to set aside any thoughts or concerns about what needs to be done and relax my body and mind and just free myself to enjoy just being.

Whether I enjoy an extended time in the silence or just a few quick moments, I am blessed with some revitalized. The benefits from my time of rest encourages me to take time every day to just be. Be quiet. Be still. Be at peace.  Those precious moments can super charge my day.  

This Saturday is like most of my days lately.  Much to do and since I am so much slower at doing things, It will take me most of the day to get it done too.  I need those moments of doing nothing just to make it through these busy days.

After a few weeks of lots of work here at my house I have finally managed to change what used to be a very unorganized craft room into a spare bedroom.  I had some help with the really tough stuff as DS#5 came to spend one day with me.  I just don't have the muscle power to move heavy furniture or tear out old carpet anymore.  He was a life saver for me for sure.

Now I've the big task of bringing things out of the basement and attic storage to take to my camper.  Hopefully very soon I'll get there to open it up for the season.  Mean while there is a lot that needs to be loaded into the car, making for many trips up and down stairs and then outside to the car.  It can't be done in one trip either, as my car isn't that big, but it is exciting for me to be going to my little place in the woods for another season of camping.  

I'll have plenty of precious moments of quiet there once the huge job is done...  So much has been happening here at home with family celebrations and with the expectation of a new grandbabe coming that my normal camping season is starting a little later than usual.  I may not get there as often as I have in the past, but I will be enjoying each moment to fullest, here or there, I've so much to be thankful for.

Taking the moments as the come and always setting aside a few moments for quiet and peace makes for a very happy life indeed.


I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

I really miss being able to move furniture so I'm with you on that. I was thinking you would be camping soon. Just rain for us today but prayers needed for Kansas and Oklahoma especially.

That corgi :) said...

That is neat, Ma, that you converted a somewhat nonfunctional room into a potentially functional room at your home; but I am sure it was a lot of hard work! It is good to sit down and just rest here and there and re-charge indeed! Amazing that camping season is upon us once again! I know you'll look forward to and enjoy each and every moment you spend there :)

betty

Buttercup said...

My goal for next year is to set up a writing area in a corner of my bedroom and a craft area in the living room. I've been decluttering so that I can do this, but it's a slow process. Have a super Saturday!

Rose said...

I, too move a tad slower than I used to. My sciatica and recently getting over the shingles set me back. Oh my.

You seem to be on the go all the time which is a good thing.

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE that quote about SEVERAL days attacking you all at once. Some days feel like that, for sure. It must be hard to give up your CRAFT room. But a SPARE BEDROOM always comes in handy. You are so fortunate to have your little spot in the woods. I hope you get to ENJOY it very soon. Take care.

Sybil said...

I so much enjoy reading your daily thoughts etc Ma. even though I sometimes don't get writing a comment be sure I pop in and out..I was just saying to Mary the other day that you would be soon starting your trip to the camp..actually I was wonderfing if you were already there..
Have a really lovely week.
Love Sybil xx