It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 13, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 13, Book 12




Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more

Anthony Robbins

FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

 I have been thinking about the words responsibility and opportunity for a few weeks. Too often we operate under the banner of responsibility. Responsibility is not an inviting word, it does not lead me to go above and beyond what I am responsible for.

Life is funny, isn't it? Full of incredible opportunities, but they aren't always feasible. It seems once you have children, become a home owner, have a job, get married, or have a friend, the most common struggles we  all face is walking this fine line between opportunity and responsibility.

Instead of viewing events and people in my life as responsibilities I want to view them as opportunities. It is not my responsibility to provide love and care for my family or clean my house .  It is my opportunity. It is not drudgery, it is opportunity.

Every thing in life brings with it responsibilities and opportunities, the trick is to find the balance.

God writes opportunity on one side of the door and responsibility on the other

Sometimes, responsibility does have to win over opportunity. In the meantime, I think I've earned another chocolate Easter egg!



Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Good morning MA.
Sometimes we are too busy to notice the opportunities, and it is a shame. But for us to finalize start noticing those and showing the responsibility is a blessing to us and the ones around us.

I am up early, that is unusual for me. I love to sleep in. I even forgot to start the coffee until I 'saw' your morning coffee! now I smell it.

Hollie said...

I enjoy the opportunity to be able to read your blog!!! Thanks for that! It's a little cold this morning here....41 degrees! Brrr

That corgi :) said...

Loved this, Ma. I'm going to change my way of thinking between responsibility and opportunity; Opportunity sounds more open and inviting than responsibility. And you are right, finding the balance can be tricky. Yum on the chocolate egg :)

enjoy Friday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I like your take on responsibility and opportunity. Balancing them out is key. Cleaning however, is a burden for me, regardless because of my mobility issues. I struggle with it, for sure. The temps are climbing here, hope it's warm where you are. Now I can put my herb containers back outside. take care.

Martha said...

It is easier said than done but we really can change the way we see things. Example - if we think of cooking, cleaning and laundry as an opportunity to show our love to our family it makes it all so much easier to do and can turn things from responsibilities to opportunities!