It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 12, Book 12


I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days, or great days

Lance Armstrong

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I really can't say enough about the practice of being thankful. I like how it makes me feel. It reminds me of everything I have to celebrate in my life instead of focusing on the negative. It helps me remain an optimist rather than a pessimist. It makes me braver. Because it’s very hard to be thankful and fearful at the same time…

The truth is, when you are happy to wake up and are grateful for the day, your life does change.  Each new day is an opportunity to pray for your loved ones and to act in a loving manner towards them.  I start out by saying my prayer of thanks and asking for guidance and help 

Too often we take life for granted, so as usual this Thursday I'm taking a moment to write down what I'm thankful and grateful for

I'm thankful that I choose to live one day at a time, knowing that if I wake up, I am meant to be here contributing to life in whatever way I can for one more day.

That DD is blossoming in her first pregnancy.  She and the babe are doing just fine and in just 6 weeks or so I'll be welcoming another grandson into our family

I'm thankful for new life...DS#5 and his wife announced that they are expecting their 2nd child and there will be another new life come November.  This will make #18 grand'babe' for me

I’m thankful for each new day… and that ANYTHING is possible.  Each day is a gift from God; tomorrow is not a guarantee just today.  Regardless of what last week or even yesterday was. We get to make amend, start afresh today.

I’m thankful for the first sip of coffee in the morning. I'm so enjoying the gift I received at Christmas...It's been a gift that keeps on giving one good cup of coffee after another.

I’m thankful for having the ability to pay my bills.  Even though higher costs of things has made me revise my budget somewhat, I can still pay the bills

I’m thankful for growing older.  Not everyone appreciates the age they are, but for me the age I am is a blessing.

I'm thankful for my good health and that of my family too.  When you've gone through some not so good times health wise, you really do appreciate good health.


Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

How exciting with the new babes coming soon, Ma! I was wondering how your daughter was doing; so glad to hear so very soon she will be holding her much awaited baby and you'll have the joy of another grandchild! Congrats too for DD#5 and his family's new arrival later this year!! 18 is quite an impressive number for grandchildren!! So many blessings there!

Always great to be thankful indeed! So much to be thankful for!

betty

Martha said...

So many wonderful grand-babies!! You are SO blessed!
I really loved your last line Ma, that says it all when it comes to living a life of gratitude.

TARYTERRE said...

Babies are such bundles of joy. You are so blessed MA. 18 grandchildren. WOW! So much to be thankful for, indeed. Take care.

jack69 said...

I like it, when you remind me to be thankful. I am thankful for the two bird families who have settled in the bird houses i put up last year before I left. Today I put them some food and water on the light pole that holds the houses. I love watching mom and dad in and out feeding the hungry brood.