It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 12


I am going your way, so let us go hand in hand. You help me and I'll help you. We shall not be here very long ... so let us help one another while we may.

William Morris

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

There have been many times in my life that I've tried to help people either by doing something or giving advice.  One thing I've learned is that my advice or help is not always wanted.  So I've become very leery of giving it away.  Maybe that is why I post lots of my thoughts here on my blog instead.  

I've come to realize that sometimes the best thing you can do is just to be there, letting someone know that you are there for them when needed.  Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.  Say nothing, do nothing.


But in every case the best thing I can do, is simply to pray.  Prayers work wonders.  We just have to stay the course, persevere and trust God to do the rest.

When I find an opportunity to encourage someone, I do.  To simply say you've done a great job can make a difference.  A little pat on the back does a world of good to someone who struggling.

A smile is something that never grows old or outdated and it's something we can put on every morning and give away to others free of charge.  Smiles can make a difference!

Listening is another good way to help someone.  We don't need to say anything, but just listen.  

There are many ways to help others and opportunities to walk hand in hand if we look for them.


That is my 2 for this Tuesday!

Good Morning and Have a TERRIFIC day today!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I'm reminded about Job and his three friends who tried to give him advice and how well received that was, LOL, plus how they seemed to make the problem worse than encourage or comfort him :)

So true, Ma, people sometimes don't want our advice, even though our advice is sound and can help them. You are also right in that sometimes just being there and letting them talk it out or just being there, them knowing that you care, is good enough. And definitely, a smile is always worth so much!

Great 2's for Tuesday!

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another great post..!!
Hope you can make it to your campground this weekend....we'll still be under cold temps ..but..no snow flurries by Friday..
Enjoy

jack69 said...

AlwaYS A PLEASANT morning stop at MA's place.
Methinks I have a problem with offering advice to sons too often.

You make me think lady, Thanks.