It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 12


R AND R SUNDAY

Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty. But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we fly away. Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.

 Psalm 90:10, 12

Here it is!  It's another new month, April has arrived, and it's another Sunday for me to relax, refresh, renew and restore. Too many of us wander through daily routines and overbooked schedules leaving little time left at the end of the day to spend with those we love. Before we know it, the days turn into years and our hearts are no wiser. We get in a rut of grumbling about troubles and busyness, while ignoring the necessity of rest and the benefits of unstructured time.


I believe that the good Lord designed rest because our hearts, minds, bodies and spirits need it. Slowing down and paying attention to what fills our day allows us to refocus and rest.  I know I really need some of that great R and R today after my week filled with Spring Cleaning chores.  I didn't get it all done, but the rest will come bit by bit.  

I'll spend some time today reflecting on the past week and maybe make a few plans for the week ahead.

May your Sunday be filled with new growth, deep joy, and vibrant and grace filled surprises!

Relax today and enjoy your Sunday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

To me, April means it's really spring, although it's 42 degrees right now. Enjoying the Sunday newspaper and coffee. Wishes for a beautiful day and a great week.

That corgi :) said...

I like your relax graphic, Ma! How cute! I also like the scripture you quoted; teach us to number our days aright to gain a heart of wisdom (I'm paraphrasing from the NIV version).

I have to say that in this new year, I really have taken your advice to heart to spend Sundays resting and relaxing. I do enjoy the Sunday afternoons having done so!

Have a restful day!

betty

Martha said...

Thanks for stopping by for my A post today and thank you for the anniversary wishes. Any thoughts about signing up for the challenge? You would be great at something like this - it's not too late if you're interested! Have a wonderful day :)

JeanJournal said...

I'm visiting my oldest daughter today and tomorow..I've already walked the doggie, LUCY...and OH what a beautiful day!...and as the song says...I've got a beautiful feeling...EVERYTHINGS GOING MY WAY!!!...I"LL share a quote I put on my FB..."When someone is unkind to you...don't let it spoil your day...LIFE'S TOO SHORT to waste time...on the negative...for we can 'choose' to make the day 'sweet' anyway." ~ Happy, Happy , HAPPY SUNDAY!. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

Kath said...

Like you Ma I too have been very busy this week too.So busy in fact I havn't had much spare time at all.I was even the vivtim of theft again when someone stole my Garden bench.I have been liaseing with the Police and Our local Estate Manager,trying to set up a Residents Ass,which might help me and my neighbours feel more secure in the future,so please exuse my hit and miss comments.Today Sunday I have made time for R&R,thank the Good Lord for making Sundays a rest day.I do try to make it one.Enjoy yours Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

jack69 said...

Graphics are good, encouraging words are better but knowing you are safe in His care is best.

You exemplify that my lady.
Hope your day ends great.

TARYTERRE said...

When we don't rest we zap the spirit, indeed. No good can come of it. You are so right, MA. We must learn to refocus and relax. Hope you had a wonderful day doing just that. Take care.