It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 29, 2012



THANKFUL Thursday! / Count your blessings

I read a story about an utterly content old woman whose happiness came from her practice of filling here left pocket every morning with beans.  Whenever something happened for which she was grateful, she moved a bean to her right pocket.  At the end of the day, she would hold each right pocket bean and remember all the good things that happened to her that day.

It really does make a difference when you count your blessings each day.  If I don't take the time to stop and remember what happened, I'll soon forget and loose the chance of being thankful for something or someone.  I don't always have pockets to move beans around but I do have a journal that I keep with my thoughts and prayers each day so from now on I'm going to record my blessings there too.

I find that writing things down is a big help to me in more than one way and always have pencil and paper handy.



I'm thankful that today I can read and write and think, not everyone can.
I'm thankful for the sunny days
I'm thankful for all my family and friends
I'm thankful for a somewhat cleaner house
I'm thankful for my good health and that of my family too.

A heart full of thankfulness will make any day better.

I hope your Thursday is one that you can be THANKFUL for too!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I am THANKFUL for everyday that I awake. For the birds that chirp, the sun that shines, the stars that so brightly burn in the heavens. For everything that I have and everybody I know. And my furbabies and family. You have a wonderful day, MA. take care.

peggy said...

We should all be that kind of bean-counters!

That corgi :) said...

I like that idea, Ma, of the beans moving them from pocket to pocket. Good visual reminder!! Thankful for all my wonderful friends on Blogger, especially you!

betty

jack69 said...

Good topic, since I am grateful and thankful to have a working computer network again. We are 4G capable, but it is not available here.

Always enjoy my visit here.
Love ya!

Kath said...

Pencil and paper are always at the ready at my house Ma.I don't know what I would do without them.What a lovely story and a lovely way too to rememeber what we are thnkful for.I give thanks every day,for whatever it brings.Good to be back once again reading your lovely thoughts.Have a beautiful day Ma,and I hope your family are all well too.Take Care God Bless.Kath xx

Martha said...

Wonderful idea Ma. I think after the A-z challenge I will try to do a thankful Thursday post each week :)

JeanJournal said...

I like the 'beans idea' and like you, Ma, pen & paper is around 'everywhere' here in my house...To be utterly content is a way of life for me too...((70'S is the best age to be, So many of family & friends of mine are already gone on to their reward. We never know what the next day will bring...As for me...EACH MOMENT OF TIME IS PRECIOUS TO ME...((((EACH MORNING...I pray...LORD...MELT ME...MOLD ME...FILL ME...USE ME.....Your thoughts, today, Ma...are very, very WONDERFUL!))) ~ Loveya !! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun