It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 09, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 9, Book 12




In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day  of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Genesis 7:11


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

When ever I think about the windows of heaven, I'm reminded of a very old song that said:  Stars are windows of heaven where angels peep though.
Some will look into anothers eyes and claim they are the windows to heaven.

In life, we have windows. More accurately, God has provided us with windows from which to view the world. Most times, we learn to like one or two windows over the others. Some windows we get to use in company with certain individuals--those who want to get our attention.

Life is like a house. It has doors and windows, floors and walls and ceilings. It has rooms where we keep our personal things, away from the world's scrutiny. 
Rooms have windows. Often, you have a particular window in your room you prefer looking out from. Sometimes, you use other windows, but there is a window you more often use to get a view of the outside world.

A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.  

Author Unknown

The windows of heaven have opened...There no doubt about it blessings are showered on us every day.


Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya' - ma

5 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love this post...!!
Have a great weekend..

jack69 said...

Well MA, again you have said a lot in a few words. I had never read or heard the smile quote 'I'm Home', love it:
A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.

VEry good!

Love from down here, we have beautiful spring weather!@!!!

JeanJournal said...

A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you are home. ~ How true, Ma ~ This simple 'nugget' really says it all. Blessya! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ((( I love quotations and the one on a plaque on my TV says ((If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk To The Shepherd.))) ~ I think this advice ia for (anything) as I remember a favourite hymn JUST A LITTLE TALK WITH JESUS, makes it right.

TARYTERRE said...

I have never heard this before, "Stars are windows of heaven where angels peep though." I absolutely LOVE it. It is how I see them. Over the years the view outside at my house has changed from window to window. But the joy of looking out has not. have a good day. take care.

Pat MacKenzie said...

My window is open wide today, enjoying everything I see. Blessings are pouring in.