It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 31, Book 12




Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: 
Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear.

 James 1:19 - the Message



SUPER SATURDAY / Don't waste time


Life is a precious gift, and it doesn’t last forever. But being mad at someone, or holding a grudge, wastes some of that precious time and it doesn’t help solve the problem.

 Most of the time, the wisest person in the room is the one who has made most of the mistakes.  Without people making mistakes in this world, we all would have no idea what we were doing.  We hope that we can learn from mistakes.

You never know when you’ll say your last goodbye to someone, or your last hello.  Don’t make the last thing you say to someone hurtful.  Forgive and forget. You’ll be happier in the long run.  Living life, is about finding happiness. It really is just too short to waste precious time on being angry

Since I've retired I've found that it is easy to become angry and frustrated at my diminishing physical abilities but we must learn to deal with the reality.  The biggest surprise I've gotten was how quickly the time goes and how little we sometimes accomplish .  Now that I have more time, I also need more time to do just about everything.

Yes, being sad or mad over stuff is a complete waste of my time.  
There is too much to be done and so little time to do it in.

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Again, Ma, wise advice given. We need to be careful with our words indeed! Definitely good advice too to not hold grudges, to forgive and to treasure each day we have! And you are right, time does go by so fast!!

I hope it is a great day fo ryou!

betty

jack69 said...

You are so right. And we all, who are getting older do exactly as you have said:
Since I've retired I've found that it is easy to become angry and frustrated at my diminishing physical abilities but we must learn to deal with the reality.

How we deal with it shows what we are made out of.
I feel like you do handle it very well.

Thanks always for the positive blog. I am hoping you don't mind, but I copy a lot of good stuff from your blog and put it in my "Good Stuff" file. I just had top quote some in today's Blog. Thanks in advance.

TARYTERRE said...

We learn from mistakes, it is true. Everyone except my daughter. (she's about to be evicted) My diminishing physical capabilities FRUSTRATE me, for sure. But the situation is not in my hands. A higher power calls the shots. So I have to dwell on the things I CAN change. Being motivated makes a difference. Hope you had a great day. take care. PS) love those tulips.

JeanJournal said...

VERY GOOD STUFF ~ MA (Have a wonderful Sunday...Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun...