It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 26, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 26, Book 12

MERRY MONDAY

Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made
The times are in His hand
Who saith 'A whole I planned
Youth shows but half...trust God, see all
Nor be afraid.'

Robert Browning



Today we are older than we were yesterday.

Today we are younger than we are going to be tomorrow.

To live well is to age well. To age well is to live well.

The fact is that the longer you live, the more you lose. But as you lose people and things, life becomes even more precious. When you stop taking things for granted, you appreciate and enjoy what you have even more.

Whether you are considered young or old, you are, at this moment, aging.  We are given the gift of life one day at a time.

Many things in life are beyond our control. Rather than stressing out over them we can try to focus on the things we can control such as the way we choose to react to problems. We can face our limitations with dignity and a healthy dose of humor. The glory of a life well-lived is the glory of single days well-lived.

All life is a matter of aging, from beginning to end. 

A key ingredient in the recipe for living well is the continuing ability to find meaning and joy in life. Laughter is strong medicine for both the body and the mind. It helps you stay balanced, energetic, joyful, and healthy. A sense of humor helps you get through tough times, look outside yourself, laugh at the absurdities of life, and transcend difficulties.

It's MERRY Monday for me as I'm celebrating!  This week is SPRING CLEANING week here at my house.  I'll be needing a lot of laughter in my life this week for sure!  Spring cleaning is not as easy as it once was for me.  I'm trying to keep my perspective and be creative as I try to find the joy in each day.



Hope your Monday is a MERRY one!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I do agree, Ma, the older we get the more we appreciate things in our lives and the less we take for granted. I'm sure pacing yourself with the spring cleaning will help get it all done and not tax you too much and the final result will be a nice fresh smelling clean house!

betty

Hollie said...

I'm loving the gorgeous weather! I sure need to do some spring cleaning also but just don't have the heart to start. Hubby & I are taking a vacation in a couple weeks. Maybe we will get something accomplished then as we are having a stay-cation! LOL

JeanJournal said...

My daughter & the gr grans, came...HOORAH! my treat for the day!...I have so many trees and bushes that are getting fuller...SO GREEN! I love all the abundance of green when I glance around the yard...and 2 special trees Tayla(9) likes to climb trees...Tamari(4) climbed and got on a low limb...started holloring...I done it!, I done it!, AND THEN COULDN'T GET DOWN...Kathy tryed..but couldn't do anything..I saw that her jeans were hung on a notch of the limb and, I got it loose and we got her down...I'm just skipping housework for a litttle while...ENJOYING!! THIS GREAT WEATHER! ~ I like the poem,,,Grow old along with me..The best is yet to be...LIFE is for the LIVING! ~ and when we're in our 60's & 70's (we finally 'know'...that because there are less days ahead than behind...It's high time we get serious about what we want our life to be about...As for me...I only want to please the Lord each day with a life of helping others and being thankful! because of the children'a hymn JESUS LOVES ME! THIS I KNOW! FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO!...Many people think differently...that money, houses, cars bring happiness...but (not so)...I'm sooooo happy...just because JESUS loves me. ((((hugs) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

I embrace my age. If more people did, life would hug back and they'd feel more alive. Been handling crisis with my daughter. Cleaning is not on my list. But more power to you. I could use some spiffy clean around here. LOL Take care. Keep smiling, MA. It motivates us all.