It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 12



The 7-Ups of Life
 
1. Wake Up !!
Decide to have a good day. 
Today is the day the Lord hath made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

2. Dress Up !!
The best way to dress up is to put on a SMILE.
A SMILE is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. 
The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.
Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.
I Samuel 16:7

3. Shut Up!!
Say nice things and learn to listen.  
Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.
 Proverbs 19:20

4. Stand Up !!
For what you believe in.
Stand for something or you will fall for anything. 
Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time,
we will reap  a harvest if we do not give up.
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good...
Galatians 6:9-10

 5. Look Up !!
To the Lord. 
I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

6. Reach Up !!
For something higher. 
...keep seeking the things above, where Christ is,
seated at the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:1

7. Lift Up !!
Your Prayers. 
Do not worry about anything;
instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING.
Philippians 4:6



Remember the 7-ups of life and may
GOD BLESS YOUR DAY!

 R AND R SUNDAY/ Start the day with a SMILE!

The Seven UPS in Life always make me SMILE!  I know I've shared them with you all before, but just because they always make me smile, I needed to post them again today.

We’ve all heard the old sayings like things always get better and life just has its ups and downs...They are very true.  We need to have gratitude for the good days we experience and when the storm clouds start to roll in, just take a deep breath and smile knowing that we need the rain to make things more beautiful when the sun comes back out and take comfort in knowing that from the beginning of life on earth the clouds always part eventually and the sun comes back out to brighten the day.



Sundays are my day of rest, relaxation, renewal and refreshment.  I celebrate today as a gift from God.

Celebrations are a wonderful part of life. They mark important occasions, milestones and turning points. They provide opportunities to honor the people I love. Every day can be a celebration, for every day is a gift from God.  It's a day I can spend time with family and friends or just pamper myself.  I might even prefer to celebrate in quiet solitude, allowing for a little time of contemplation and prayer.
There is no other day like today. Today holds its own blessings for me, for it is a gift from God. I choose to celebrate this day with joy and enthusiasm. Sundays are a blessing for all of us.


This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24
I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful Sunday!
'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Thanks for sharing the 7Ups again, Ma! Always a good timely reminder! I like how you are going to live today with joy and enthusiasm! I shall try to do the same!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Wonderful words today, Ma. I had never read the 7-Ups of Life...They are SO good...God continue to bless you. Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

Never saw the 7ups before. Thanks for sharing them again. You're right about a little rain making everything beautiful. There is a dark cloud hanging over someone's head, that I love. I am going to use that quote to cheer them up. Hope you had a GREAT day. Taker care.