It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 12


R AND R SUNDAY / A day of hope

Noah's ark has stood as a beacon of HOPE to all.

Isn't it wonderful to dream...Sundays are the perfect day to do so.  Sometimes our dreams can take us to places beyond anything we have ever experienced.  If we didn't have our dreams, we'd have no hope and Sunday's are a day of HOPE.  Just as Noah's ark serves as a beacon of HOPE for the world.

This is the 4th Sunday of Lent. Today is a day of relaxation from normal lenten rigors; a day of hope with Easter being at last within sight. We enter into the second part of Lent with a spirit of eagerness.  It's very hard to believe that Easter is just a few weeks away now.  It is also Mothering Sunday across the pond...the folks in the U.K. are celebrating Mothers day and I wish my friends there a wonderful day!



I am getting ready for Easter here at my house and I've got my rabbit sitting on the chair in the front room just waiting to sing to anyone that wants to press the button on his hand.



Here come Peter Cotton Tail....

 I have always loved those little Beatrix Potter books, and especially the tale of that naughty rabbit.  And I have one of her books sitting in the basket beside that same chair.


Hippity Hoppity...Easter's on its way

It seemed so very far away, this journey on the way to Easter.  Now it's almost a reality and the days are getting longer with more and more of that wonderful Sunshine.

Some dreams are coming true today.

Hope your Sunday is full of that good rest and relaxation.  Refreshment and renewal are possible.  Dream it and you can achieve it!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all today!

I hope you can all rest and relax and have a peaceful joy filled Sunday!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Your bunny is so sweet. It is amazing that the long wait is almost over. Easter will be here before we know it. I will have to put my decorations for the holiday up this week. Dreaming is good for the soul. I hope you have a very relaxing day. I'm just going to bed. It's suppose to storm, I hope it isn't severe. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

In this very room, there's quite enough love! for one like me ~ In this very room, there's quite enough hope! and quite enough joy! and quite enough power! ~ to take away any gloom ~ for Jesus! Lord, Jesus! ~ is in this very room! ~ (paraphrasing a hymn(IN THIS VERY ROOM) that just came to mind) ~ I buy Easter eggs ... to eat ... and hope to be around the gr grandchildren(Tayla & Tamari) age 4 and 9 ~ on Easter ~ and sometimes after church go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. (((The main thing on Easter morning is to say THANK YOU! dear Lord, Jesus, for dying on the Cross for the sins of all who will seek Him and live the Christian life! ~ and Hallelujah! HE AROSE! ~ We serve a risen Saviour!...And He walks with us, and talks with us, and tells us we are His own, and the joy we share...as we tarry there...None other...has ever known. ((((Ma ~ Your post today takes away any gloom! ~ You are such a sweet example.)))) I also love the Beatrice Potter book HERE COMES PETER COTTON TAIL ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

That corgi :) said...

I too liked the Beatrix Potter stories, Ma. When the kids were young, we used to read quite a few of them, we too seemed to like the naughty bunny ourselves :)

It is hard to believe Easter is just a few weeks away. I know the stores are letting us know that with their displays of tempting jelly beans and chocolates :)

It is always good to dream, you are right, without dreams we wouldn't have hope. I think it is also good to dream big and to pray hard, who knows what God has in store for us if we would just dream and ask him and see if it is in his will for us!

May you have a restful wonderful day!

betty

jack69 said...

Yes, a good day to dream and do some R & R.

Seems spring has sprung here and I have a lazy streak, wanna sleep!

I must be careful about dreams, I some times take them too seriously. hahahaha

Love from Florida.

Buttercup said...

Your bunnies are so cute! Had a relaxing day with friends and got in lots of walking. So enjoying the spring weather and the blooming flowers. Have a great rest of the day!