It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 15, Book 12



Thank you, God, for little things
That often come our way.
The things we take for granted
But don't mention when we pray.
The unexpected courtesy,
The thoughtful, kindly deed.
A hand reached out to help us
In the time of sudden need.
Oh make us more aware, dear God.
Of daily little graces
That come to us with sweet surprise
From never-dreamed-of places.

By Helen Steiner Rice



THANKFUL THURSDAY

Noah Gives Thanks to God for Preserving Him from the Flood 

Thankfulness comes pretty easily for me.  If I had a personalized license plate on my care, which I don't, it would say, grazie.  I am always ready to say THANK YOU for all the good things in my life.  I have more blessings than I think I deserve. I sometimes think that having the words THANK YOU engraved on my tombstone would be a great idea.  

But when I really think about I also remember the many ways in which I turn away from all the wonderful gifts I've been given.  I don't always appreciate things like being cooped up in the house all winter and being away from my camper so long.

Gifts of love are bestowed on me each and every day and so often I don't even notice them.  I do have a nice warm home to keep me warm and safe.

I have a lot of growing to do as far as being grateful is concerned.

Remember the marvels the Lord has done

Psalm 105:5

Too often I am thankful for the big things in my life.  But we don't have to have be saved from the biggest flood in history as Noah was, in order to be thankful.  There are countless little things in our life to be thankful for.  And in being thankful, we can't always be looking at what could be, but be grateful for what is.

Thursdays are my day to show my gratitude,  I hope that you can make this a day of THANKFULNESS too!

It's a day to bow down and look up and give thanks for where all the coming always come from:  His good, good hands.


'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Kath said...

I too am grateful for every little thing which comes my way Ma,be it good or bad.We can never say enough thankyou's in my opinion,for every gift from God.Thankyou for your kind words in my blog today Ma,and all the lovely inspirational posts you write each day.Have a great Thankful Thursday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Always a jewel here MA. Yes we are guilty of being thankful for the Biggies and forgetting the many small blessings every day. Wow, good thought!!

That corgi :) said...

You are so right, Ma, in that we often aren't thankful of the little things or forget about them, I think. But each time we breathe, we should thank God for that because he gave us that breath, etc. I know for sure you live a life of thankfulness and gratitude; I think that is a wonderful virtue to have; so many of us tend to forget that or don't put it as a high core value, but I think it is what God wants us to do; be more thankful and content in what he has given us, which is basically, as you know, everything we have :)

thanks for the welcome back; looking forward to posting and reconnecting with everyone :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I try not to take anything for granted. Little things make all the difference in everyday life. I am grateful to sit out on my patio and gaze at the stars. Or to take a short drive through the countryside. Or get a FREE quart of Mango sorbet with a coupon at Kroger's. Even though I want more substance in my life... I know I am where I need to be at this moment. And for that I am grateful too. Take care.

grammy said...

You are indeed a person that would always say thanks...that goes along with you positive attitude...
Love the idea of saying Thanks on your tombstone... so sweet.

JeanJournal said...

i'm thankful for another day...to kneel and pray...and read God's Word...that shows me the right way...to live today...as i remember... (who gives me a song to sing...who gives me 'everythig'...and who makes me feel like i've got wings.....who tells the sun when to come up...who gives a drink to the buttercup..and who keeps me going when i want to 'give up'.....who tells the little birds how to fly...who tells the bumblebee(just to try}...and when i'm in trouble, who says 'here am i'.....who makes the wind blow strong and soft...who turns the rain on and off...and who saved my soul when i was lost.....who gave me a husband dear...and children to brighten my life down here...but who alone takes away all my fear.....who tells his children to be 'fishers of men'...who says 'now' is the accepted time to begin...who is 'forever' my best friend!.....the answer is JESUS!~ ))))))) ~ (~imogene(jean)owita nabors lewis) written july 4,1971~~~I really LOVE your post today, Ma ~ Just want to say again ~ Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts! ~ 81 temp. sunny ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

Joyful Days said...

Grazie, Ma!! You are truly someone to be thankful for! Appreciate knowing I can visit your blogs and take a smile with me when I leave. Grazie, grazie!