It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 14, Book 12



Day after day Noah waited. God had shut him in the Ark for his own safety. But for how long? And when he could finally leave the Ark, what would he find?

Wonderful Wednesday/ WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

You all know that I'm waiting for Spring to arrive.  Waiting isn't an easy thing to do at all and this  40 day journey through Lent and our cruise with Noah are helping to make the days pass.  I've found that waiting times are opportunities for growth in character and faith.

A farmer plants seeds deep in the earth. He knows from experience that they will produce plants. Does he ever doubt in the cold winter, looking at the barren fields? Even in the spring, waiting for the first green shoots to poke through the ground? We can’t see the growth taking place beneath the surface of our lives. Patience and trust are so desperately needed.

We wait for so many things. Waiting itself creates tension. Sometimes we think we can’t wait a moment longer, especially when that waiting is so heavy with uncertainty. We like to be active. We like to prepare. But sometimes we need to let ourselves be prepared, as soil is prepared for the seeds as seeds are prepared for the planting. Lent is a time of waiting. A time of preparation, yes, but while we must prepare, we must also be prepared to wait.

On a daily basis. We wait for medical appointments. We wait in cashiers’ lines. We wait for delivery of purchases. We wait to heal from injuries and illnesses. We wait to hear good news and wait fearfully for the drop of the other shoe. We wait in anticipation as well as anxiety.
  
If we didn't experience any periods of waiting, we'd have little character since character is developed through waiting periods; we'd have no compassion for others since we would not be able to understand their struggles; we'd be proud and self-satisfied. A life of ease without those waiting periods would not be good for us

While we are waiting for Spring maybe we could just stop and consider for a moment all the good things in our lives right now.  Right now we don't have to rush out and do anything, it's pretty quiet while we wait for the grass to grow or the flowers to bloom.  There's no pressure to do much of anything.  Nothing can cheer me more than the happy birds gathering at the feeders every day.  For anyone with allergies, there is no pollen to pollute the air.  Waiting for Spring is really not a bad season to be in at all.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!


'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

You are so right, we wait, we could enjoy the moment. So I am gonna enjoy today's move, it is just an hour drive, but I plan to love it.
I hope you day is great. looks like we will have sun.

TARYTERRE said...

I have to tell you one of my favorite cartoons shows a cat sitting looking at a wall. The caption reads, "I'm not just sitting here. I'm waiting for the paint to peel." Important work, indeed. Life is a waiting game, for sure. Waiting to grow up. Turning 13, 16, 21, 35, 50,75, 80, 100. Love what you said today, so true. It is so nice here today, I think I will head down to the lake. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

I like to read when I'm waiting for my daughter to come out of the doctor's office ~ and when I read ~ I usually 'write something' ~ a few quotes, a poem, or JeanThoughts ~ I'm doing okay health wise, and haven't been to a doctor in 3 or 4 years (Thank You, L0RD!) ~ for Your Blessings on me! ~ In 70's here, sunny, and to be in 80's on Thursday ~ I just do the next thing that is needful to do ~ I love coming by your house each day and (SPRING! IS here! in the SOUTH. ~ (((TIME waits for no one and The Lord Is Coming! back to earth...soon! ~ I want to be ready to meet Him in the air! ` and I hope to be found DOING HIS WILL every day! ~ (That's all, folks! ~ as Donald Duck says.)))) ~~~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun