It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 12




MERRY MONDAY!

Theme songs For Bible Characters:

Noah...Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Raindrops keep falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to fit
Those raindrops are falling on my head
they keep falling

So I just did me some talking to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleeping on the job
Those raindrops are falling on my head
they keep falling

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrop keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Cryings not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining
Because I'm free
Nothing’s worrying me



This a beautiful song that has always had the power to cheer me up

I make a point everyday to do or simply be near something that makes me happy. So, what makes me happy?

Making my grandchildren laugh
A long walk through our town on a sunny day
Making noodles from scratch
My old house and all the old things in it
Music


I’m starting to beam just writing these down. And there’s a lot more. Don’t get me started on big hairy dogs, camping and a good book on a stormy night.

It’s important to know what makes you happy, and I wonder how many people really stop to contemplate the simple things that can be a part of their everyday lives.

Now, I should add that happiness is the outward manifestation of inner joy. You can fill up your life with lots of stuff, but if you’re not internally okay with yourself, then there’s but so much a new car can ever do for you. But that’s for another blog.

So I ask you, what makes you happy? I’m not talking deliriously happy, like skipping down the street, but just a general feeling of contentment with the world around you.


Have a Merry Monday everyone!  Be happy!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I love that song. Music always brightens my day and makes me happy. I am babysitting for my grandchildren as I type this. That makes me happy too. And a good book is so joyful. Everything you said in todays post rings true. Take care.

jack69 said...

Funny thing, I have heard that song and loved it, 'Rain Drops', and two summers ago while camping , we decided to go to a country fair in NY near the Catskills. B.J. Thomas was there and we got to hear him sing the song. We had no idea he was there performing a free concert. One of the lucky things that happen when you move around a lot. hahahaha

and yes, it has a way of cheering me up also.

LOve from here.

JeanJournal said...

Rain drops falling on my head is such a FUN song ~ Crying is not for me either ~ I just start singing to myself(OUTLOUD)...just something silly like WHO THREW THE OVERHAULS IN MRS. MURPHY'S CHOWDER? ~~Nobody answered...so he shouted even louder...What makes me Happy? ~ 'breathing' hahaha...It's good to be here (S)...Seriously ~ I walk, sing, read, write, work in the house and yard, just walking the dog is fun, and most of the time, I feel like EVERYTHING'S COMING MY WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL JOY!!! ~ whooooo! LIFE'S A TRIP! GOD IS SOOO GOOD! The best gift coming along to me is my children coming around me. I think they are the prettiest and BEST kids anyone could ever have. (and of course, I'm not prejudiced! (I'm just a 'mother') ~~~ Ma ~ Keep writing and sharing your wise words. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

Barb said...

That song is one of my favorites. I loved it so much that when the song first came out I purchased three copies instead of one. lol
My relationship to the Lord makes me happy as does my family, friends, basking in the sun, walking in the sand at the beach, sunrises and sunsets. Music and writing make me happy too, and so does reading everything you write. I always leave feeling better than when I came. I think I told you that before. :)
Have an awesome day, Ma. Love you much.