It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 06, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 6, Book 12

MERRY MONDAY / ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE



Sometimes it isn't what you do, but what you don't do that makes you who you are.




The Difference 

I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day.
 I had so much to accomplish that I didn't take time to pray.
 Problems just tumbled around me, 
and heavier came each task.
 Why doesn't God help me? I wondered.
 He answered, You didn't ask.
 I wanted to see joy and beauty, 
but the day toiled on, grey and bleak.
 I wondered why God didn't show me, 
He said, But you didn't seek.
I tried to come into God's presence,
 I used all my keys at the lock. 
God gently and lovingly chided:
 My child, you didn't knock.
I woke up early this morning
 and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish 
that I had to take time to pray. 

Author Unknown

I don't have time for bad days anymore.  They just are not allowed.  I might have a day when things don't go quite how I want them to, but that isn't going to spoil my day.  I try to keep things in perspective and don't sweat the small stuff.  Even if I do have a bump in the road, I recover quickly.

Every day may not be good, but there is a little good in every day.

Have a MERRY Monday every one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, I don't sweat the small stuff anymore either. I read once...90% is small stuff and the other 10% takes care of itself. So true. Hope you have a wonderful Mon.

Kath said...

I just loved "The Difference" and yes.... I find good in each day.....Plenty....I hope you find plenty good in yours today Ma.May I wish you a Merry Monday too.Take Care God Bless.Kath xx

grammy said...

Love the poem
and the fact that you don't have a bad day...good for you...way to take control! (o:

TARYTERRE said...

You have to command the day and not let trouble get in the way. I always find time to say my prayers. You're right we shouldn't sweat the small stuff, MA. sweet poem. Take care.

jack69 said...

Yes, Yes. YOu sopund like a laddy who will not accept BAD!

Love from here on a hot day 93 o/s.
Sherry & Jack

Sr. Ann Marie said...

What wisdom! And sometimes we only learn it the hard way. Now in my sixth month of recuperation I'm learning to take each day as it comes and with whatever it brings, accomplish what I can, rest when I need to,and leave the rest in God's hands!

JeanJournal said...

This is a sweet one, Ma. I don't let anything spoil my day either. LOVE THAT POEM! (One of my favourites) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl ~ I also LOVE all the comments from the friends (they also are awesome! ~ and I see joy & beauty here each day.