It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 5, Book 12


HAPPINESS IS THE WAY

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another.  Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be content when they are.

After that we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with.  We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage

We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation , when we retire

The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now.  If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges.  It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.

There is no way to happiness.  Happiness is the way.  So treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time and remember time waits for no one.

So stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first  or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up, until you die, until you are born again to diced that there is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Work like you don't need money

Love like you've never been hurt

And dance like no one's watching.

God has given each of us a gift that we are to use to glorify His Name.  Do you know Yours???

Author Unknown


Live the Good Life all the days of your life

I've discovered that time serves me as I go calmly about my business. I am relieved as I act to the best of my ability and give no thought to what I did last or what I must do next. Instead my complete attention is on the task at hand. This brings me a deep sense of satisfaction in all that I do.

Don't wait!

Time is the gift I've been given.  Time to use to be best of my ability.

It's Sunday once again and time for me to have some of that good R and R.  Rest and relaxation, refreshment and renewal.    Don't wait until you have a sunnier day to spend time with your family and loved ones.  Don't wait until you have less to do to take some time off.  Our work will always be there, challenges will continue,  the house, the job and work will wait, but time doesn't.

Use the time you've been given wisely.  

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday filled with some of that great R and R that we all need.

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

We spend so much time living the what ifs, that we lose sight of the happy within our grasp. I LOVE this part of your post. I saw it years ago and it's pinned on my old computer upstairs. "Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. And dance like no one's watching." HAVE a GREAT day relaxing MA. If you tune in to HALFTIME. ENJOY! Take care.

Hollie said...

This is so true! I have found myself thinking many of those things in my life! I agree to live in the present & enjoy what life has to offer! Have a wonderful day of R & R!!

Rose said...

Yes, living in the present helps enjoy life

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou for a lovely read this Sunday Morning ~ Allyx

peggy said...

hi MA, the sun is shining, I'm going to church, I may even watch the football and live today!!!And if I get a surprise that changes that, well okay. Hope your day is SUPER!

Kath said...

This certainly is the best advise,I agree all the way Ma.No if whats or what if's,or I wish will change anything.Live for today,I realised only recently is so true,lifes too short to ponder, and it does make lifemore pleasant.Have a Blessed R&R day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Again, I find a gem to ship out to an ideal destination.
Great entry. You are right, NOW is the best time.
From Florida. Our new neighbors are from Greenfield, Ohio. Nice Folk (of course)
Beautiful weather today, hot inside as a matter of fact.

Buttercup said...

No what ifs today. Got a good deal done in the house and now I'm off to enjoy the late afternoon sunshine. Blessings and hugs!

JeanJournal said...

I really enjoyed Sunday's post...HAPPINESS IS THE WAY...Ma, RIGHT NOW I'M HAPPY!...even though it's between 1:30 and 2:30AM...In a few minutes I'm going to bed, just had to check your blog first. It's SO special to me.You encourage and inspire and we all can't get enough of that. (Work like you don't need money) and (Love like you've never been hurt) and (dance like no one is watching) are the BEST ways of living each day) ... I had plenty of R & R today ... IN FACT TODAY IN MY OWN HOME AGAIN WAS VERY, VERY, WONDERFUL! and makes me want to say ... "We've had a lovely Sunday, Lord. What do You plan for Monday?" (((Wishing you (AGAIN) a WONDERFUL MERRY MONDAY!)))(00PS I was a day AHEAD yesterday)..on track again today. Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun