It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 29, Book 12

 I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. 

Louisa May Alcott 


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

Noah found favor with the Lord.

 Genesis 6:8 

Noah was a man with whom God was well pleased.  No where in the scriptures do you find Noah pointing to himself or the things he has done to gain favor with God.

It’s very useful in life to have the favor of people who can assist and bless your life. Such good will, or favor, is not your right or something you earn or barter for; it is a kind and gracious response from another’s regard and appreciation for your example and efforts, when they are in a position to observe and reciprocate. 

Never take such kindness lightly. It is good to be likable and truly thankful, not for what you can get but because that’s true to who you are. Make it easy for people to show you kindness, and be expressively and sincerely grateful when they do.

You do not altogether earn the gift favor from others  but favor comes more readily when you live in such a way that others see the wisdom and benefit of extending grace on your behalf. Hopefully, they observe your lifestyle of extending favor generously to others, and view your treating others kindly as you have been treated.
 Noah did not allow his society to influence him.  He did not walk in the ways of the world.
Don’t settle with being like others, satisfied with the norm and content with being average. Raise the bar; seek to excel; be your best, not because that may gain you something but just because you should and you can. 

You give little; you get little. Give much; much is received.


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

When my kids were little i remember telling them over and over....
Dare to be different..
Dare to be yourself...
Don't be a follower.....
I think it worked...another great post!
Enjoy

jack69 said...

We have to know when to emulate folks, and when to step out of an old path and go somewhere new.
I like the way you put the 'found favor' thought.
Good stuff, oh and I like the rain and rainbow quote.

Joyful Days said...

Good words!!

TARYTERRE said...

I have always felt it is better to give than receive. And I thoroughly agree with this quote from your post. "You do not altogether earn the gift favor from others but favor comes more readily when you live in such a way that others see the wisdom and benefit of extending grace on your behalf. So true, MA. Take care.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Good post. Something to think about.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Good post. Something to think about.

JeanJournal said...

I'm visiting my youngest daughter for a few days(stormy weather is a-coming she says...THE KIDS DON'T LIKE FOR ME TO BE "HOME ALONE" in tornado forecast weather (so I give in 'sometimes') ~ I like the quote "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship." ~ by Louisa May Alcott Hope you had a good Wednesday(It's already Thursday for me 12:45 AM ~ I have mostly always stayed up LATE...but occassionally. I'll go to bed before midnight. ~ (and I'm already 'thankful' for Thursday (had a good country supper of pinto beans and turnip greens and Kathy's cornbread muffins ~ yummy! Thanks, Ma, for these words of wisdom. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)