It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 28, Book 12

A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

John A. Shedd




TERRIFIC 2'S Tuesday/  Change and growth

As we've been cruising along with Noah for almost a week now, I've found that so many of the things that Noah faced, I too have had to face in my life time.

One thing is for sure we all have some kind of stormy days in our lives.  I am trying to imagine what it must have been like to be there with Noah and his family as they cruised along day after day with the uncertainty of what would lay ahead for them.
 
They had some days of turbulent weather and they knew that stormy weather can cause change.

Noah definitely had some raindrops falling down all around him and God was wonderful in preparing a way for Noah and his family to escape the flood. We always hear about that provision part of the story and it is a wonderful story of God's plan and protection. But can you just imagine what it must have been like after God safely carried them through the flood and for Noah's family to step off the boardwalk of that ark and look around and realize that they were the last ones standing? Talk about change! Everything they had ever known was different. Their lifestyle would be different. The land and earth itself was different. The whole make up of the entire world as they knew it was different. All their friends and all the people they had ever known aside from their family was gone. 

Change can be rough. 

Sometimes the rain falls on our lives and the storms come up and rage for a time and after a while the storm quiets down or comes to a standstill and we stop and look around and there is all this change. Then that change sets in. Not to say that change is always bad. Sometimes it strengthens us and improves our lives, but that isn't to say that it's always easy for us to go through. Change brings about a difference in our routines and even the little things along with the big things are not the same anymore and it can affect us. 


The gentle rain falls so light and so fresh to bring us life as the world starts to grow.
 It’s spring in the air and buds are opening to flowers aflow to bring us life as the world starts to grow.
It’s a new day, new life and babies are born to bring us life as the world starts to grow.
Look at yourself it’s spring once again and the rain starts to fall to bring us life as the world starts to grow.

And sometimes God sends us this rain in light spring like showers, in quick and overpowering cloudbursts or sometimes as a steady downfall. The trials are the life giving water to our seed of faith. It’s what makes it grow. 

Growing pains are something we all have to experience.  Even at my age I am still growing and it is often painful.  Things are not what they used to be.  Changes happen every day.  Some of them have caused a lot of pain, but through all the sorrow and tears, thankfully there have also been those days that are like a rainbow full of promise,  Bursting with JOY.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  Change and growth.

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Hollie said...

I love Spring....a new awakening!! I must admit I hate change.....or the uncertainty. I guess it's just kinda scary! I hope you have a wonderful day & hopefully warm weather soon! That way you can get in some porch sitting!

Buttercup said...

(Embrace) Change is my word(s) for 2012. I'm making every effort to look forward to new things in my life and enjoy them. Have a terrific Tuesday and thanks for your prayers for Baby Crew.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful and very meaningful reflection! Thank you for sharing it. Your thoughts got my day off to a good start!

betty said...

Todays blog, made me smile and feel good.

betty said...

Todays blog, made me smile and feel good.

grammy said...

I enjoyed reading about Noah and your thoughts on him.
We are still cold and very windy...but I know it can't last much longer.
It always makes me smile to come here (o:

JeanJournal said...

I woke up this morning feeling fine...hymmmmmmmmmmmm...i didn't know we're on a cruise(Noah's Ark Lines(and ALL of our family are on board!...HOW WONDERFUL! :-) Sure do enjoy your daily thoughts,Ma, and I suppose the day after day after day, after day for a long time ~ of NO change was stressful...we crave a change in a situation sometimes ~ to go on to brighter days! My two things today are to show loving kindness ~ and tender mercies to all the people I can. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun) ~~~Psalm 103:1-5 (KJV) are favourite Bible verses. ~ because GOD REDEEMETH OUR LIVES ~ HE took care of Noah's family and HE will also keep ua safe.

JeanJournal said...

I'm feeling GOOD! and glad to be back almost to perfect health and happiness and LOVING to come by Ma's house every day. ~ Jean (Rome Georgia Girl)

jack69 said...

Great entry (as usual). the picture up top, of the sail boat reminded me of my favorite presentation when I acted as a chalk artist. "The Haven of Rest".

As He will bring you into a safe harbor.
Hope you have had a great day so far!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Things here at my house are in a state of flux. Change gives you time for reflection. Starting anew is always difficult at first, but then things fall into place and the experience can be a good one. SPRING always makes me hopeful. HOPE was my word for this year. You take care.