It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 26, Book 12



R AND R SUNDAY

When you think you can't take it anymore, remember Noah. 

I remember seeing pictures of Noah's ark in my storybooks when I was a child. The animals are on the deck with Noah. They're smiling. Noah's smiling. His family is smiling. Everything is clean and shiny.Whoever drew those pictures hasn't spent much time around animals. I like animals. But I also know what it would be like to be trapped on a boat with a bunch of animals.

He put up with it all because he knew the ark was where life could be found

When the donkeys are braying and the stalls need shoveling, think about what the alternatives are. If we can put up with the hard times, we may find that the sun shines again and the rainbow comes out.

Perhaps you have been battered by the waves and winds of adversity. What do you do when the winds are contrary and it 

seems your boat is about to sink. How do you handle stress? 


When I think I can't take it anymore I'll remember Noah.


Today is my day to rest.  The sun is supposed to come out and perhaps that will refresh me more than anything today.  We 

had a weekend full of snow and cold weather here and that makes me long for Spring.



Have a great Sunday filled with that good R and R everyone!  As always you are all in my thoughts and prayers.


'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your Sunday...

TARYTERRE said...

Adversity makes us stronger, that is for sure. You do what you have to, when faced with a difficult situation. Sorry about all your snow and winter blahs. Spring is teasing us, but is in the wings just waiting for it's big curtain call. Relax and enjoy. I'm finishing up my book The BEACH HUT today. Take care.

jack69 said...

Yeah, folks who don't really think, accept the pictures of the Ark as fact. LOL
We went to see Noah, at the big theatre in Lancaster, PA. I had never been to anything but plays in school and some outdoor dramas, but that theatre was something. The Story is going and they walkk many animals down the isle toward the Ark, the lights go off and some ore talk, then when thelights come on you are inside the ark, the whole theatre is like a giand ship inside. AMAZING WHAT MAN can create ourselves. Great show.

Rain here for our trip to church, but clearing up a little now.

Have a great day!!

JeanJournal said...

I'm still weak from TOO MUCH YARD WORK, last Thursday(it was sunshine and in 70's but WENDY! ~ Have felt a little better each day...Sometimes I seem to forget my AGE - Kinda get carried away when I'm having FUN! ~ Rested all day ~ again. ~ When i get the blues a little bit ~ I pray a little bit...thanking God I'm still alive to FIND something to smile about...and share...or I watch a movie or MAKE A CAKE! ~ and sometimes I JUST DECIDE TO TRUST GOD ANYWAY! AND SMILE ANYWAY! ~ After all... "Tomorrow is another day." as Scarlet says in GONE WITH THE WIND. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun...(Ma, Do you know what is the longest word in the dictionary? (I asked my grt grandaughter,WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING! (ha ha) (Tayla is 9)...AND SHE COULD NOT GUESS IT...GOOGLE "KNOWS".....I slept too much today but am feeling good now..am up way too late ~ 2:05AM~~~ SO as Jack says...on his unique site ~ NITE...

Joyful Days said...

Loved Monday's butterflies--but Sunday's stampede of stinky animals got me chuckling.

I'm looking for that rainbow. It's been a very long seven (plus) months around here.

Thanks for the encouragement.

~Julie~