It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 25, Book 12

Q Who was the greatest financier in the Bible

A  Noah  - He was floating his stock while everyone else was in liquidation


SUPER SATURDAY/ The wisdom of age

Consider how wise Noah must have been after having lived several centuries.

Wisdom is one of the great blessings of aging. I’ve noticed that most people whom I talk to who are in the last third of their lives would not actually want to live their 20’s, 30’s, or even 40’s again. Or, if they do, they’d want to live it with the Wisdom they’ve already earned. 

We all face pitfalls in our lives.  Distractions, doubt, and discouraging delays.  Noah faced these pitfalls too and overcame them.  We can use the lessons of Noah as he looked ahead and prepared for what was to come.  We live in the present moment but we are wise to look ahead.  By doing that we'll not only be prepared to spot the pitfalls when they come into our lives and we'll be prepared to apply the antidote to them.

Noah did not depend on his own desires to rule his actions.  He had the option to choose whether or not to enter the ark.  He choose life. If you knew that an impending disaster, such as a flood or hurricane was about to destroy your home and threaten your life wouldn't you make preparation to escape and find refuge in a safe place?

And that is really the bottom line of all our lives.  Make the right choices.

Moment by moment, day by day, we make choices and hopefully they will be wise ones when we have a little help from above.


Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are right about acquiring wisdom. I LOVE the age I am at. It took me a long time to get this old. Lessons learned for sure. No going back. Living in the moment got us in trouble. I try to plan ahead now, if I can. During a natural disaster, I would seek shelter from harm. Higher ground is a safe bet. Have a GREAT Day. Take care.

peggy said...

I'd like to stay where I am in my mind and have the muscle and stamina that I had when I was young. Did you ever wonder what the weather was like while Noah was building the ark? I do and what did Mrs. Noah think about all this. Have a wonderful weekend Ma.

Ora said...

and a great "super Saturday" to you also...sunny but cold here in KY..snow/sleet predicted..but I don't believe them LOL...we will see...happy day to you...Ora in KY

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the wise thoughts. I try not to make the same silly mistakes and count that as maturity. We've been thorough a lot and many of the things I worried about at 25 or 35 I now realize don't have much importance for me.

Wishes for a sunny Saturday!

jack69 said...

It pays to know where you have been, and try to know where you are going. If you don't know where you are going you must at least be ready for a BIG surprise in your life.
Sometimes we get the surprise, no matter how well we plan.
Enjoy the wisdom you have gained, and I enjoy it when you impart it.
Nice to drop by Ma's place!

Joyful Days said...

I've always liked to think about Noah--so many lessons in that story. And in no way to I want to go backwards--might as well press on!!

Peace & joy to you!

Julie

JeanJournal said...

It is always best to choose wisdom...Reminds me of Solomon in the Bible ~~~ We all look back and see our mistakes, but we must go forward~~~NOT REVIEWING the wrong decisions for we can't do anything about the past, and as Grandma Moses' quotation says~~~"LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT, ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE." ~ She lived to be 101. I'm having a SUPER Saturday...but still recouperating from a virus, still a little weak...Blessya! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun