It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 24, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 24, Book 12


He sent forth the dove out of the ark.  And the dove came in to him in the evening and lo in her mouth was an olive leaf plucked off:  So Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.


FANTASTIC FRIDAY/ Spring is coming...
Yes, spring is coming and there are signs every where here at my house!

I am welcoming the growing measure of daylight that is so infinitesimally small as to be easily overlooked if we don’t watch for it.  The sun is higher in the sky from dawn to dusk than it was a month ago. Peg a spot in a southern window and watch the sun rise higher than that mark each morning. Have you noticed that there is light in the sky until  a little after 6 o’clock in the evening now?

It's almost the end of February and we here in Ohio still have to deal with the wintry month of March.  St. Patrick's day is 

infamous for bringing us heavy snowstorms.    But March snows are often much different from January and February in that 

although they may bring a lot of snow, that snow usually melts off fast and doesn't stay around as long.  The hardness of winter is 

gone.


As the days lengthen and we prepare for Easter, don't forget to look for life’s other daylight – those little reasons to harbor hope and joy in your heart in the face of wintry gloom .  They too, can also be overlooked if we don’t keep an eye out for them. Keep your eyes open and look around you. Grab your joys wherever you find them, and whatever size they come in.

Open your heart - spring is coming to dispel the dark and depressing days of winter, to renew the soul and to declare this is a new season full of adventure and unexpected and deserved blessings for us all.

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I am opening my heart. I can't wait for spring to be sprung. I did notice that the sun rays are staying brighter later in the day. Just like you said. Fills me with joy. I hope March is as mild as the rest of winter has been. You have a glorious day. Take care. PS)Would you believe, I went to bed, couldn't sleep, got back up. I'm in serious need of some ZZZ's. LOL

jack69 said...

WOW you say a lot, especially in the last paragraph. So much meaning in those words.
Love from sunny Florida, yes the longer days are a blessing to enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful post! It lifted my spirit today!

JeanJournal said...

I enjoyed your Friday thoughts, Ma...Have a BLESSED SATURDAY! ~ My Friday was a sleeping day, had been sick during the night...I'm feeling a little better now. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ~ I also enjoy the comments from others...1:25AM Saturday ... ALL YA'LL are SPECIAL!...and Yeah...I'm living in DIXIE ~ If you're from Alabama, Tennesee, Georgia, or the CAROLINES...or any place below the Mason Dixon line...Then you're from DIXIE...HORAY! FOR DIXIE! ~ 'Cause I'm from Dixie too.