It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 23, Book 12

Noah gave Thanks to God. God was pleased with Noah. God made a covenant with Noah and promised that He would never destroy everything with a flood again. Then God placed a brilliantly colored rainbow across the sky



THANKFUL THURSDAY/ DEVELOP A NEW HABIT

We all need to develop an attitude of gratitude. This doesn’t mean we should live pretending nothing negative exists. It simply means we make it our goal in life to be as positive as possible

Words of praise find few places to surface as we scurry through our day. We manage to squeeze in time to ask God for something, but how often do we just say thank you?
Few things have made a difference in my life. One of them is an attitude of gratitude.
After I learned to count my blessings, my life has changed. I became more relaxed, peaceful, and happy.
Being grateful is one of the quickest ways to inner peace and relaxation. Why?
Because it is impossible to feel stress and gratitude at the same time.
Imagine for a moment what it would feel like to be peaceful and relaxed throughout your day. To feel inner peace and tranquility. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?
These feelings can be yours when you unlock your attitude of gratitude. How?
Just follow these 3 simple steps:
  1. Begin a gratitude journal - I do this every Thursday right here on my blog.
  2. Become aware of feelings - When things are not going your way, stop and count your blessings
  3. Remind yourself to be grateful - put a reminder on your calendar if necessary
Go to bed tonight pondering everything you have to be thankful for. Do the same first thing tomorrow morning. Thank God for everything—a convenient parking place; the fact you can walk, see, or hear; your children. Don’t become discouraged with yourself when you fall short, and don’t quit.

Keep at it until you have developed a new habit.  You'll be thankful that you did.

Today I'm thankful for an attitude of gratitude.  It is life changing!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So very true! A positive attitude makes all the difference!

JeanJournal said...

I'm thankful to be alive and well today. I'm thankful that I'm up before 10:00AM and that I'M HOME! "A NEW HABIT" I'll be thinking about that and praying about that...today...Wishing you a BLESSED DAY! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun...I love to see a rainbow in the sky...I like the picture...((((GOD PUT A RAINBOW IN THE SKY(I'm gonna GOOOGLE that hymn(WHEN IT LOOKED LIKE THE SUN...WOULDN'T SHINE ANY MORE......GOD! PUT A RAINBOW IN THE SKY!)))) ~ SUNSHINE AND IN 60'S TODAY! ~ WHOO WHO!

jack69 said...

Right from the start, you hit a truism, quote:


We all need to develop an attitude of gratitude. This doesn’t mean we should live pretending nothing negative exists...........

I talk with some folk who feel it is nearly a sin, to admit anything negative is real.

enjoyed the read.

Hope your weatehr takes a BIG turn for the better and you can see the Camper SOON!

Love from down here. Annd YES it has been nice have friends near some to the time.

TARYTERRE said...

I haven't slept in 16 hours. Just now catching up on my blog reading. And posted a new one of my own. I'm going to be grateful when my head hits that pillow. LOL Inner peace and tranquility are the keys to happiness. When you have those two elements everything else falls into place, for sure. Take care.