It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 21, Book 12

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY!

Don't you know?

Life isn't fair but it's still good.
When in doubt, just take the next small step.
You don't have to win every argument.
 Agree to disagree.
Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
Make peace with your past so it won't mess up the present.
Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about.
If a relationship has to be a secret you shouldn't be in it.
Be rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
Over prepare and then go with the flow.
No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
Frame every so called disaster with these words: 'In five years time, will this matter?'
Time heals everything. Give time time.
However good or bad a situation, it will change.
God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
Don't audit life. Show up, dress smart and make the most of it.
Life isn't tied with a bow but it's still a gift. 
The best is yet to come.

When we show up for our life, we are actively participating in being a happy person, achieving our goals, and generally living the life our soul really wants.  It is  more than getting out of bed, splashing water on my face, and crossing items off of my to-do list

 Life is a funny thing. It’s forced upon us in a lot of ways. We’re dealt good and bad cards. We can either just float through life taking what’s handed to us without asking questions, or we can truly show up. Be present. Be active. Have the guts to show up and participate in our own lives and tackle what we are handed.

Whether we are young or old, whether time seems to drag or fly by, it’s important to remember that life is fleeting. While it’s natural to desire a long healthy life, not all of us are granted the experience. All we have for sure is today; this moment. There are no guarantees for long life. So here’s an important reminder: live each day to its fullest – to the glory of God. Each day is a gift that needs to be treasured.

Showing up is really just about being yourself. That sounds so simple, but it can take practice. I still catch myself falling into old habits of trying to charm someone or worrying about being liked. But I gently remind myself that all I need to do is show up. The rest takes care of itself. 

I’ve heard someone say, Ninety percent of life is just showing up. I’m not sure about the percentage, but the saying rings true to me. Whether you are young or old, time is fleeting. Today, show up for life!

That's my 2 for this Tuesday :  Show up!  And treasure each today!

I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are right about life. Just SHOWING up and letting everything else fall into place, really does work. If you let it. Have a GREAT day. I'm busy this week with grandchildren. They are a handful, particularly my grandson. LOL Take care. Have a wonderful day.

jack69 said...

Today is a good one again. Love the sayings and advice. Always good stuff.
The one that stuck out, that most humans have a problem with is this:

You don't have to win every argument..............

Why do we feel we must? We must convince someone they are WRONG!
Love it. Have a great day!!

JeanJournal said...

We don't have to WIN every argument...as Jack69 commented.......Oh, Ma, You really do SHINE! WITH TODAY'S POST...I think you should "record" your own posts...and SHARE them in that way, also(at least for your children)...I have some of the JeanPages(IONL) poetry on cassettes for my children...My husband was never sick, or went to doctors...but after we went out to eat one Saturday night...He passed me(washing a few dishes) saying that he was going to lay down(felt a little nausiated)...and about 20 minutes later, I went to the bedroom, and he was dead...(He always said that when it was time for him to die...that he hoped he would just go to sleep and wake up in Heaven with Jesus...Later, I found a cassette where he was talking to a fellow deacon on the phone...and it is sweet to hear his voice. (almost 6 years ago)(wonderful inspiration! from you every day! ~ Thanks for sharing. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun) (SUNSHINE! and in 60's today...I can almost feel SPRING! in the air! ~hooray!! for the sunny South!

Jean said...

You are right about life Ma. Your blog post always makes my day. It has been fair weather here the pass two days, but them talking rain again this weekend. I do believe we will have an early spring this year. Take care. Jean