It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 17, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 17, Book 12



You may be good, but what are you good for?

Stephen R. Covey

FANTASTIC FRIDAY/ FANTASTIC YOU

We all need to be good for something.  Even a pesky mosquito is good for something because it provides food for fish and bats. We were all made for a purpose in life.  I don't think the good Lord made any mistakes about that one for sure.  

I've been doing some re-thinking about what my purpose in life truly is lately.  I know that when I had family at home my purpose was to provide for them.  When I worked my purpose was to a good job.  When you retire and the kids are gone then you have to discover some new purpose to your life.

If you don't find your purpose then you just drift through life,  When you are drifting there is no control or sense of direction and nothing to aim for.

It is very empowering to have a purpose in life.  You truly feel alive and your days are brighter. To many my purpose, for right now anyway, seems to be the comforter, the sounding board, the back up baby sitter, and the the pray-er (meaning I get a lot of prayer requests).  Most of the time my purpose is living a life of solitude, just enjoying the beauty of each moment as it comes.

Each of us has a different purpose in life.  That purpose is driving force for setting our goals.  Doing what I love and loving what I do is my purpose.  Living each day looking for the wonder all around me and doing what I can to the best of my ability.  Maybe that is purpose enough to last me a life time.

And ever those, who would enjoyment gain
Must find it in the purpose they pursue

Sara Josepha Hale


I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

You definitely have a life filled with purpose!! You brighten my day just by me coming by to visit! Thanks for that!!! Have a wonderful day!

Kath said...

I guess now we are retired Ma,we have to think what purpose we are here for now.Nothings changed about that in my mind.I am still here for the purpose of helping my family and friends,to be thier for all others if needed and to enjoy every day God sends me,be it good or bad.One purpose I am good for is baking biscuits and cookies,for my Grandaughter to take home heeeee.Have a great day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Scrappy quilter said...

Hollie said it all...

We do all have a purpose and when we find it, life is good. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

JeanJournal said...

WONDERFUL thoughts today, Ma. I'm visiting my daughter...and we're GOING SHOPPING today...Having a fun day with her and my granddaughter. I just live each day as it comes and SHARE myself...thoughts. prayers, and my aim in life is to bring those around me some JOY! ~ (ANOTHER DAY to be faithful and true just by BEING KIND, LOVING, AND "A BLESSING!" ~ SUNSHINE HERE!!! and temps in the 60's!!! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

TARYTERRE said...

Your blog is inspirational. That is purpose. I have begun questioning mine, though. I have decided to make some changes in my life. So much going on here. I've been taking care of everyone else's needs and not my own, for a while now. I need to really focus on me and what I want to do. BUT it's harder than I thought. You take care, MA.

jack69 said...

Thanks MA! I like to think we are good for something. I keep searching.
Always like it here.
Jack & Sherry

jack69 said...

Thanks MA! I like to think we are good for something. I keep searching.
Always like it here.
Jack & Sherry