It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 16, Book 12



Gratitude lifts our eyes off the things we lack, so we can see the blessings we possess.  
Nothing blows the winter out of the day like a Caribbean breeze of thankfulness.
 Max Lucado, Great Every Day

Buckle up everyone! Here at my house we are taking a trip to the BEACH today!  Winter tried to fool us there for a while but we really got a full blast of it over this past weekend so I thought that I deserved a beach day and maybe you are thinking a trip to the beach might be really nice about now too.

The car is loaded with my beach towel and sunscreen and I know the  beach is just around the corner. I brought along a book to read and my cooler is stocked with lemonade and iced tea.  

Imagine blue skies and sunshine and warmth!  Heavenly warmth that just feels so good...I'm really in need of that sunshine!

I'll need a folding beach chair and and an umbrella just in case the sun gets to hot.  And I even have some zip lock baggies handy incase I want to collect some sea shells while walking on the beach.

I'm wearing a pair of flip flops on my feet as I don't like getting sand in my shoes and today I thought I'd just sit on the beach so I have on my shorts and a tank top.  Still to early to go swimming I think

With my straw hat for shade and my sunglasses on I'm sure that this will be a great BEACH day....

Today I'm thankful for BEACH days!  Even if they are only all in my mind.

I hope those Caribbean breezes blow your way!  


'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I can feel that sunshine and those warm breezes. I see those blue skies. What a wonderful day it is going to be. I am so glad you suggested this beach outing. I have my chair, towel, my book The Briny Cafe to read. Going to put on my Sundress, a big floppy hat, plenty of sunscreen and enjoy that ocean view. This was a MARVELOUS idea, MA. Thanks for asking me to tag along. My winter blahs are all gone. take care.

JeanJournal said...

I'm sure going with you two dears ~ Walk a little slower so I can catch up. AH! What would we do without a GREAT imagination? I can almost feel the warm sand as I walk toward the ocean to put my feet in that beautiful cooool water. . . and then go pick up seashells for awhile...THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

jack69 said...

It will be good to see you on the beach, I missed youat Daytona yesterday, but enjoy!

I take trips all the time. It seems I cannot help it. MY MIND ROAMS, even when the wheels of all vehicles cease to roll.

Love coming here, always a BLAST of fresh air.

grammy said...

I am there too... I will be looking for you and maybe we can have a lemonade together (o:

betty said...

Since the jellyfish were not due until tomorrow, we went to the beach today. The sun was brilliant and the breezes delightful. They did a great job of blowing away the vog. An extended family of jellyfish had arrived early. We had our swim without a sting but left early, as I had forgotten my hat. I'm glad you remembered your straw hat. You will soon be gathering seashells which reminds me, A new editon of Anne Morrow's "Gift from the Sea" plus her letters is to be published soon. You will LOVE it. Aloha from HI.

Barb said...

Going to the beach is my favorite thing. Although it's still officially winter I've gone to the beach many times already. Like you, Ma, it does wonders for the spirit. The photo sure can fool the eyes. I can almost feel the sand between my toes, the warmth of the sun upon my skin. The best thing is all the great company. Hope I find a lot of seashells. Love them...and YOU too, Ma.

Jean said...

Hi Ma what a wonderful post, I'm a little late going along but what a beautiful journey. this makes my day. Take care. Jean