It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chapter 2, Page 12, Book 12



R and R Sunday

There are two days you should not worry...

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry,  two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension

One of these days is YESTERDAY with all its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains

Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.  All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.

We cannot undo a single ace we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said.  Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW with all its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance;Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise.  Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, TODAY.  Any person can fight the battle of just one day.  It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities YESTERDAY and TOMORROW that we break down

It is not the experience of TODAY  that drives a person mad, it is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened YESTERDAY and the dread of what TOMORROW may bring.  Let us, therefore, Live but one day at a time.

Author Unknown



It is so very true, you no longer have yesterday.  It slipped away as you slept. 
Sorry, what’s gone is gone.  What we have is TODAY.  
It's very hard for me to believe that another week has slipped by so fast.  Here we are celebrating Sunday again.  What a great day we have ahead of us.  I'll be off to church as usual here and then home for a little  more of that great R and R.  I will be refreshed, renewed, rested and relaxed for whatever tomorrow will bring my way.

It is colder here today so it's probably a good day to stay in.  Inside is where I spend a lot of days in the winter.  We've really had a mild winter in comparison to others in recent years, but today is what I call a normal winter day.  Cold and snowy too.

It's a good day to stay in and be comfortable.  I find that there are 3 sources of comfort for me:  Prayer, people and food.  Having started the day with prayer, this may just have to be one of those food types of days. Good comfort food.  

It'll be a great day here no matter.  Today is a good day.  Today is my R and R day.  One day at a time is the way I try to live.  I'm so thankful for today.  It's a joy to be alive and well.  

I hope that you too are keeping cozy and warm and are getting some of that wonderful R and R that we all need.

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

Cozy morning here in New York. We didn't get snow, but it is cold here. Had a chat with a good friend and enjoying blog visiting. Have a wonderful Sunday!

JeanJournal said...

iT'S BRIGHT AND SUNNY HERE IN CALHOUN, GEORGIA...BUT in the 20's...COLD DAY...BUT my heart is warm...Enjoyed your thoughts today, Ma, Keep warm...and 'a day of comfort food sounds good to me too!! ~ Have a wonderful Sunday! ((((ONE DAY AT A TIME, SWEET JESUS...THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING FROM YOU...HELP ME TODAY, SHOW ME THE WAY...ONE DAY AT A TIME))) ...Jean (Rome Georgia Girl)

Kath said...

JeanJournal bet me to write the words of the song Ma.I wasjust going to put them in my comment.Great minds think alike so they say.I am thinking like you an R&R evening for me.Have a Blessed Sunday Ma and stay warm.Still very cold here in my part of England.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Diann said...

It's a beautiful day here. the sun is melting all of yesterdays snowfall. I am just being lazy while the princess plays with a puzzle. Hope your week is a wonderful one!

TARYTERRE said...

Today is a gift, for sure. I confess I spend too much time worrying about the future and my husband likes to dwell on the past. Living in the moment got us into financial trouble. So now we have to take it one step at a time. It was 6 degrees here this morning. Very cold. Going to read some blogs, then dive into a book The Briny Cafe. Hope you have a WONDERFUL day MA. Stay warm and enjoy your R&R. Take care.

jack69 said...

Love the message about Yesterdaya dn Tomorrow. So very true, but also hard to wrap your mind around. Hemans are obsessed by those tow days and sometimes forget TODAY, as you say!
Love from here we are still a little cool for Florida.

Jean said...

Good evening Ma I hope you had a great R&R day. We are having another cold spell here in South Alabama it got down in the 20's last night. I think the high today was in the 40's. I've stayed in and stayed warm. Lol. Take care. Jean