It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 09, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 9, Book 12


THREE TOUGH MICE

Three mice are sitting at a table in a pretty rough
neighborhood late at night trying to impress each other about 
how tough they are.

The first mouse turns to the second mouse and says,  When I 
see a mousetrap, I lie on my back and set it off with my foot.
When the bar comes down, I catch it in my teach, bench press
it twenty times to work up an appetite, and them make off with
the cheese.

The second mouse replies, Yeah, well, when I see rat poison,
I collect as much as I can, take it home, grind it up to a 
powder, and add it to my coffee each morning so I can get
going for the rest of the day.

The first mouse and the second mouse then turned to the third
mouse.

The Third mouse lets out a long sigh and says to the first two,
I don't have time for this.  I've got a date with the cat.

Author Unknown

It's MERRY Monday here at my house.  I hope that maybe that little story made you smile.  Very often Monday morning we need something to smile about!

Yesterday morning as I got ready for church I was thinking about how peaceful and quiet my world had been lately.  The last time I felt such peace was on Mother's Day morning last year.  It was a wonderful feeling knowing that just everything was going right in my world.   You do know what happened on Mother's Day...in case you forgot, I wrecked my car.  Every now and then the good Lord needs to remind me of just why I depend on him to get me through each day.

Sunday morning was no different.  As I pulled out of my driveway to go to church, I noticed that my power steering didn't seem quite right.  Then when I drove home from church, I knew it wasn't there at all.  I don't know if you've ever driven without power steering or not, but turning a corner isn't easy at all.  So today I'm making a date.   A date at the car dealership for some repairs.  Hopefully it won't be a major thing, but I know it has to be done.

Hope your Monday is a MERRY one at your house, it will be at mine. I have a date after all!  Hopefully we will not be playing cat and mouse games!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

The MOUSE story was cute. Did make me chuckle to myself. Just hope none of them ended up in a can of Mt. Dew and disolved? LOL That was another story I read this morning. I know just what you mean about the calm before the storm. Sorry to hear about your car. Driving without power steering is hard. Especially when you try to turn. Hope it doesn't cost you an arm and leg to fix. Or take more than a couple days in the shop. GOOD LUCK. Take care.

jack69 said...

Yep, sometimes we have to be jolted back into life. Hopefully it won't be too bad. But just the idea of driving it into a shop, gives me the willies. LOL

But you know that you never stray too far from constant thankfulness for His goodness.
sending good thoughts from here.
Sherry & jack

Kath said...

I had a good chuckle Ma, yes it lifted my spirit that little story.It's amazing how something quite simple can do that.Laughter is the best medicine of the day so thankyou for my chuckle today.As for your car,I hope it doesn't prove too expensive a repair.I don't drive myself though I have heard my family speak of thier power steering.Stay safe and warm.Have a lovely Monday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

grammy said...

Cute story!
yikes... glad you are safe and going to get that checked out!!!

Buttercup said...

Hope the steering issue was easily fixed. Had a good day today and grateful every day there is no snow. Last winter taught me tons of gratitude about sunny days in January. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Rose said...

Your little story made me smile and it was just what I needed tonight.

Thanks

That corgi :) said...

Laughed about the story with the mouse and cat date! Sorry about the car troubles, glad you are getting it checked out!

betty

JeanJournal said...

I had to look up the Mountain Dew story..wish I hadn't...I drink CocaCola, and csn remember the small bottles...that cost a nichol waaaay back then, and i think the size was 6 ounces( a fav. lunch was coke and a bag of fritos, and that left me 15 cents to go to a movie after school(happy days!)...Times have changed, but people are still finding ways to connect and share and help each other smile and grow and learn AND Ma ~ You get an A PLUS! PLUS! ~ EVERY single day

JeanJournal said...

The little story did make me smile. (the third mouse had the best idea.) Hoping your date will not cost you too much, but these things happen...that's life. Mondays are my JEAN Day...I try to forget all the strife & stress, just lay back and count my blessings and have a good sweet merry time being thankful! for God's loving kindness and tender-mercies to me! I think mostly you are a kind lady. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia