It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 5, Book 12


My family at our Christmas gathering 2011
We were missing DS#2 and his family as well as DS#4 and his family.


ON THE 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS...

Shall I play for you. 
Pa-romp-pa-pom-pom. 
On my drum. Mary nodded. 
Pa-rumpa -pom-pom. 
The ox and lamb. Kept time. 
Pa-romp-pa-pom-pom

Day 12: Twelve drummers drumming 

That would be quite the sight. I don’t know any drummer and that is my plight. But there are 12 months in every year and I have my calendar to make the kids seem near. Each day that I write what I am to do,  It's a reminder to me of how much I miss each and every one of them.




Now Christmas is past,
Twelfth Night is the last
To the Old Year adieu,
Great joy to the new

This twelfth night of the twelve days of Christmas is the official end of the winter holiday season and one of the traditional days for taking down the Christmas decorations.
  Twelfth Night is followed by Epiphany which is celebrated tomorrow, January 6th.  It's the day when the wise men finally end their journey.

I hope you'll join me Friday, when I'll be sharing my thoughts on what Epiphany is all about.

It's Thankful Thursday and today I'm thankful that I've been able to share these 12 days with you.


It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, 
but what you have in your heart. 

Unknown


MERRY CHRISTMAS! And a very Happy New Year!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great picture....Hope your holidays were wonderful....it's good to be back to normal....now...i just need to define normal.....Ha!!!

Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

Loved the picture, Ma! I bet you do enjoy looking at it and counting your blessings! Beautiful family you have there! I like the quote about what is in our heart that makes us thankful. That is something to think about today! Looking forward to your thoughts on epiphany tomorrow!

betty

jack69 said...

Always nice to stop by for a shot of encouragement. Thanks. Looking forward to tomorrow. It is always good to have something to look forward to. But for today, thanks for this QUOTE:
It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful,
but what you have in your heart.

Kath said...

I so agree it's whats in the heart Ma.Beautiful Picture as usual.I miss my family too Ma,Oh how I wish I could see them every day of my life.I look forward to tomorrow to enjoy as usual your wonderful words.My next two hours or so will be spent taking down my tree etc, it is such a long job wrapping everything up and packing away carefully for another year.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful picture. I love the little quote at the end of your post. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

I have enjoyed celebrating the TWELVE DAYS of CHRISTMAS with you, MA. Your family portrait is beautiful. You are blessed to have such wonderful sons, daughters and grandchildren. Take care.