It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 4, Book 12


On the Eleventh Day of CHRISTMAS..

As we look into 2012 we look at a block of time. We see 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds. And all is a gift from God. We have done nothing to deserve it, earn it, or purchased it. Like the air we breathe, time comes to us as a part of life.

Day Eleven Eleven pipers piping

Oh, how they’re hurting my head. 
They gave me such a headache 
I had to go to bed. 
Music should be soothing . 
And  listening pleasure.  


Speaking of which, bed that is, one of my Christmas gifts were some sheets that were called Polar Fleece.  Oh my, they are wonderful.

I don't know if you remember a song that was sung by some greats like Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durante, and Tony Bennett...

As Time Goes By...

that was truly a pleasure to listen to which ever one of them happened to be singing it.

My gift to you today is a thought or two about time
    The gift of time is not ours alone. It is given equally to each person. Rich and poor, educated and ignorant, strong and weak – every man, woman and child has the same twenty-four hours every day.
    Another important thing about time is that you cannot stop it. There is no way to slow it down, turn it off, or adjust it. Time marches on.
    And you cannot bring back time. Once it is gone, it is gone. Yesterday is lost forever. If yesterday is lost, tomorrow is uncertain. We may look ahead at a full year’s block of time, but we really have no guarantee that we will experience any of it.
    Obviously, time is one of our most precious possessions. We can waste it. We can worry over it. We can spend it on ourselves or on others.
    The new year is full of time. As the seconds tick away, will you be tossing time out the window, or will you make every minute count?
Time is a gift that we can treasure each and every moment.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your thought, Ma, that we have done nothing to deserve the gift of time we have been given. That is a sobering thought and one to take into consideration when we think about how we use our time!

Those sheets do look like they are comfy; we have flannel ones that I so enjoy this time of year!

Love the picture of your son and I'm thinking Mr. Wonderful? Great looking father and son!

Enjoyed reading your thoughts about time, we do need to treasure it more than we do because you are right, we can't get it back and when it is gone, it is truly gone.

I hope you have a great Wednesday!

betty

peggy said...

I remember the song and can remember the words. As for those sheets...sounds like I would spend even more of my time sleeping away. These cold mornings I don't want to get up. The sun is shining today but it doesn't fool me, it is really cold outside. Have a wonderful day today ma.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The picture is of DS#6 and our little Lucky Guy

Pat MacKenzie said...

I'm afraid I'm guilty of wasting a lot of time...daydreaming, reading, sitting at the computer...but if it makes me happy, is it really time wasted?? Thanks for your great thoughts today. I'll make the most of my time today.

jack69 said...

Very good memories, 'As Time Goes By', and yes it does.
We should try to appreciate the gift of time, for sure.
Love from down here. OUr weather got mixed up for awhile, but WE WILL WARM UP!!!

Kath said...

The sheets look very cosy Ma,I don't have the sheets, but I do have some pillow cases same and OH! what confort they bring when you lay your head on them Ahhh... I could stay there for all time ....LOL!!!The pic of little Lucky Guy with Daddy is wonderful.I remember the times my head ached over the years of trumpets drums and hooters as such from my four blowing them heeeeeeee.Time for them ,to go to bed I used to think LOL!!!Time is to be treasured so much.Have a wonderful Wednesday Ma,stay safe and warm.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

TARYTERRE said...

What a handsome pair ringing in the New Year. Those polar fleece sheets look comfy, cozy and WARM. ENJOY. I remember that song, very well. Time is indeed a precious commodity. And too often we don't use it wisely or appreciate how fleeting it is. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

I googled the song ~~ as time goes by. . . . lovely! I just typed 30 2012 (goals) ~ not resolutions this year ... since i didn't keep half of them in 2011. Another very, very wonderful post today!!!!! ~Blessya! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl