It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 30, Book 12

Tis the gift to be simple,
tis the gift to be free,
tis the gift to come down where you ought to be
And when we find ourselves in the place just right
It will be in the valley of love and delight

When true simplicity is gained
To bow and to bend we shan't be a shamed
To turn, turn will be our delight
Til y turning, turning we come out right

Shaker hymn by Joseph Brackett Jr.





MERRY MONDAY/ TURN AROUND

When you think about how many times we turn around in a day it's almost unbelievable.  I know that if I'm not right about something, I can turn in a new direction.  Just like the song above if we don't find ourselves where we ought to be we can turn, turn and come round right.

Impossible and unlikely events can and will happen in our life.  One of the best things we can do for ourselves is to put the past behind us.  The most important step for leaving negative stuff behind us is that first step forward.  Once we've taken it we will know it was the right step and the next one will be much easier.  When we dwell on past wrongs we give way to bitterness and no one likes a bitter person.  Their company is negative with little room for anything positive or wholesome.  We need to leave the past behind and look on today as a new beginning.  It is the only way forward and all we have to do is turn around.

So this Merry Monday I'm doing a little dance, spinning around and around till I come our right.



Hope your Monday is a Merry one!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I thihk I remember the good things from the past automatically.

I would like to forget the bad.

I love the cute little girls in the graphic, brings a smile. I love to smile!

TARYTERRE said...

I don't know much about the Shakers. But this hymn is nice about righting yourself. I know some BITTER people and it's such a shame that they hold all that in their hearts. They are tough to be around, for sure. Glad you had a fun trip this weekend and got home safely in all that snow. take care.

Kath said...

I am going to follow in your footsteps now Ma and turn around and flop into my lovely warm bed.Goodnight and Godbless,looking forward to another day.Take Care Stay well and Warm.God bless Kath xxx