It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 3, Book 2012

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Bil Keane




On the tenth day of Christmas...

Change is a part of life. Seasons change, children become adults, people enter and exit my life under both sad and happy circumstances. Every change brings a blessing, however easy or hard it may be to see at the time. Every change is a part of our life's journey

January 3rd:Day 10 Ten lords leaping, Wonder if they could reach the stars? 

I don’t know but they liked candles 
The ones put in jars. 
I went ahead and burnt them.  
They are the very best.

I think we all dream of some changes we'd like to make in our lives.  Sometimes the change is as simple as putting away the Christmas decorations.  Other times our dreams take us to far off places that we'd like to see.  The changes in my life come day by day and I'm always  intrigued about what may come my way.  Having had a good many days of my life that have been very ordinary, I've come to love those too.  There is comfort in knowing that nothing drastic has changed in my life.  I find a lot of JOY in simple pleasures.

I saw on the calendar that this is a LEAP year.  So for this year we'll be having 366 days instead of the normal 365.  I am not leaping to any conclusions about what this new year may bring, but I do think that at this time of new beginnings it is more important than ever to make the most of every moment.

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

And an extra day to grow, learn and enjoy! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday.

jack69 said...

I am able to leap only in my dreams now. hahahaha
Always a good read here. We are 'enjoying?' very unseasonable weather here. predicting 23 tonight that is CCOOLLD here.

We will leap into bed and turn on the electric blanket!!!!

grammy said...

I didn't know it was a leap year....nice to know (o:
I don't plan on doing any leaping though!! lol

Kath said...

So true Ma,to make the most of every moment.My leaping days are over too,as others have already said LOL!!.I didin't realise it was apeap year,so thankyou for the imfo Ma.I always learn something when I call in your wonderful blog.Have a terrific Tuesday as Buttercup says.Take Care God Bless. Stay warm it's terrible storms here at my place.80mph gales and rain.Love Kath Motherhen xx

TARYTERRE said...

It snowed here, just a little. So we got our White Christmas since we're still celebrating the TWELVE DAYS of it, like you. Change can be a scary thing. Or it can be a liberating one. Right before the NEW YEAR I decluttered a table that I had ignored forever last year. It gave me such a wonderful sense of calm to see it clean, at long last. I hope I am able to move forward with MORE moments like that. My daughter's friend was born on Feb. 29th. She's going to have a WONDERFUL day since she only gets to celebrate every 4 years. LOL Take care.

That corgi :) said...

I like your line about not leaping to conclusions about this leap year, it does tie into the 10 lords a leaping day today! I struggle with change, not liking it, but I'm trying to be more bold about it and getting out of my comfort zone so to speak, especially in this new year! And you are right, Ma, always good to make the most of every moment we are given to us by God!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Chilly!! here in Calhoun, Georgia also ~ 'but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present...WHAT A GREAT PRESENT! ~ A NEW DAY ~ one after the other ~ and we should never take the blessings the Lord gives us for granted...but share someone's ways of being happy, content, and help them reach their dreams for the future.(Leap Year? ~ I learn something NEW here every day!!! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl)