It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 12


It isn't the size of your house as such
That matters so much at all;
It's the gentle hand and its loving touch,
That make it great or small.

The friends who come
and the hour they go,
Who out of your house depart,
Will judge it notby the style you show,
But rather by the size of your heart.

It isn't your status 
in life so much,
It isn't the wealth you found,
That will make you happy —it's how you touch
The lives that are all around.

For making money is not hard —
To live life well is an art:
How people love you, how they regard,
Is all in the size of your heart
 
Author Unknown

SUPER SATURDAY/ SUPER POWERS

Believe it or not we all do possess some super powers of our own.  Some of us are super cooks, others are super moms, some are super wives.

With the Super Bowl coming up we'll all be seeing some super stars.  Those with athletic powers that outshine many others.  

My thought is that we all are super stars each one of us with our own unique super power.

We may not be able to pull a lamp out of a carpet bag like the magical Mary Poppins but we can all add a touch of magic to each and every day.

Making each ordinary day extra ordinary is a SUPER way to live life.

We are all super extraordinary people !

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

And this is a Super Blog entry!!LOL
Love the poem by Anon also. Good touch!
Thanks, Sherry & Jack
We are a little cool this morn about 44 now but climbing.

TARYTERRE said...

I am CRAZY about that poem. I am going to print a copy and put it on my refrigerator so I can see it each day. Thinking of ourselves as SUPERSTARS is an interesting concept too. Though, I don't see myself that way, at all. But my doctor does, arrogantly so. When my husband asked him what the difference was between the surgery he had me scheduled for now versus 5 years ago, the doctor said and I quote, "I'm BETTER at DOING it NOW." Needless to say this wasn't the answer we wanted. I guess that's why my knees are always in so much pain, he was just PRACTICING last time. LOL At least he considers himself a GREAT doctor. If you are traveling this weekend, be safe. Have a GREAT day, MA.

Barb said...

I love the poem too. It's worth putting where one can see it often. Gotta tell you, Ma. You're entries always make my day. Sure wish I could meet you in person one day. Wouldn't that be grand?