It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 25, Book 12




A wise man hears one word and understands two.


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY/ WONDERFUL WORDS

Did you know that during the celebration of the Chinese New Year, it is customary to use certain words in print and conversation. One word is often used by itself. It is the word full, meaning abundance of and is used to wish someone material prosperity for the year ahead.

I've seen many using One Word to describe their hopes or wishes for the new year on their blogs.  

One word can make such a difference in our lives.  We really have to be careful in just what words we choose.  One word can change everything.

When I think about it, I've often say YES, when I should have said NO.  And there have been many times when I've said NO that I should have said YES.

Words can inspire us and change us.  A negative word pushes us down and a positive word lifts us up.

We all have had tough words to say and we also have had soft ones repeated to us again and again.  

Sweet words can light up a day like a ray of sunshine.  Kind words make us feel warm and cozy.  Horrible words are best not remembered.

If you could describe your life in one word, what would it be?  Wonderful, valuable, happy, sad, ordinary, fantastic?

What would we do without words.  

My word for Wednesday is WONDERFUL.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Amazing what one word can do! Never thought of it much, sometimes thinking makes a difference. huh?

Hollie said...

My word is WONDERFUL also! I want to throw in PEACE & QUIET!!!

TARYTERRE said...

What a lovely post about words. Amazing what a difference they can make in a life. I have chosen the word HOPE as my word for this year. So many reasons for it. My knee surgery for the first leg is tenatively scheduled for Feb 7th and the other knee on March 6th. But I have to CANCEL them both. My hubby has had two job interviews. Both are two or three month assignments. He's praying he gets one of them. He says we need to bring in some extra money before either he or I have an operation. Then he'll have his pacemaker installed and I'll do my knees if I can hold out that long. So I HOPE for the best in the meantime.

JeanJournal said...

Ma, BELIEVE is my word...I've always expected for things to go well with me each day...and I kinda do my own thing, pretty much. Life's too short, and too precious to be wasted by making myself unhappy, or causing others distress. My philosophy is ~ YOU GOTTA LATCH ON TO THE AFFIRMATIVE, ELIMINATE THE NEGATIVE,da da da de da da da da da da, and don't mess with mister in between,(sorry i forgot the third line)