It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 24, Book 12

This picture was taken Saturday evening when we were returning home to make dinner.


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY / DO'S AND DON'TS

Do: 
Begin each day with a promise to respect others 
Sit down and talk quietly
Listen carefully to what others say 
Look for things to appreciate in others 
Give praise out loud for the good you see in others 
Tell others they are good, good enough, and lovable 
Tell others they are worthwhile and important to you
Speak in a quiet voice even when you disagree 
Pass up chances to insult, attack, or criticize
 Let others have responsibility for their lives while you take responsibility for yours

Don’t: 
Look for things to criticize 
Make fun or laugh at others 
Make faces or roll your eyes
Tell others how to run their lives 
Insult others 
Ignore others 
Put people down in front of others 
Act superior 
Sneer 
Tell others they’re weird or crazy 
Say others are bad, not good enough, or unlovable 
Say others don’t belong, or you wish they were dead
 Call others names like fat, ugly, stupid, or worthless

The simple things we do or don't do in our lives everyday can make a HUGE difference in our lives and the lives of others.  There are times when we don't always feel like doing things and don't take the time to do the right thing or even think about it as being the wrong thing.

It's so easy to say or do something that makes another feel bad and then we have REGRETS.

I DO try live my life without any regrets for my actions, but I'm human and it happens sometimes before I even realize what I've done.

Don't ever be afraid of admitting to defeat, it can only make you stronger in the long run.  Being aware of what you DO and DON'T do helps others as much as it helps you!

That is my two for this Tuesday!  Have a terrific day everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Kath said...

I think we have all made mistakes Ma and had our regrets,but we learn from them.Which makes us nicer people in the longrun.The picture is beautiful,I love how the birds in flight show up against the blue sky.Thankyou for sharing it with us today.Rain Rain Rain Here,in my part Ma.I hope your weather is kind to you today.Love your new header.Have a Terrific Tuesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

jack69 said...

I just know you are one person that has few regrets. I love the do's and don't's.
sometimes it takes little work to keep the DON'T's out of our lives.
Thanks.

JeanJournal said...

The words of a favourite hymn says ((Remember I'm human and humans forget ~ So remind me, remind me, dear Lord.) As Jack69 said ~ I love the dos and don'ts also, and I'll seriously work on the...DON'TS(of course, being human...my first thought after reading this was..."I need to send this to.....( and I'll not name WHO ) I just know the Lord is your helper as you "write!" ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl ~ It's a beautiful sunshiny day just like Sring is HERE! in the 60's!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I have been BULLIED throughout my life and it's been hard to rise above the insults and abuse. Your list of DO's and DON'T's are a wonderful reminder. Treat others as you would have them treat yourself.