It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 02, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 12



ON THE 9TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

TheTWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS continues...

Christmas is a time for Love; a time for Joy and Peace; A time to trim the Christmas Tree and a time to stuff the geese. It’s a time when we can come together, however far or near;To shed a little hope into a world of sorrow and fear.
Yet Christmas could be all year ’round, if only we would try To gently wipe an old man’s brow or soothe a baby’s cry. If we could smile throughout the year as we do on Christmas Day; Just think what happiness we’d shed along life’s weary way.
To give a gift of Hope to one who otherwise has none; To be a Friend to somebody whom everyone else has shun. To be Forgiving of our faults, and of our sisters and our brothers;To Live in Peace and Harmony with ourselves and with each other.
Ah, don’t you see that Christmas is more than opening up the gifts; It’s more than singing Christmas Carols and rolling in big snow drifts. It’s a feeling that can stay with you throughout each day, all year; And all it takes is a loving heart…..and a sensitive little tear….
Author Unknown

January 2nd: Day Nine 

Nine Ladies dancing they put on a show. Their feet got so tired So wouldn’t you know, I found some slippers for soothing my feet They’re comfy and cozy .  Wow what a treat!

When you think about about it, waking up each morning and feeling refreshed does remove all the weariness of the previous day.  Tired aching feet or even a grumpy attitude improves after a little rest and relaxation.  The little poem below says it all.

To Believe

To believe is to know that every day
is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen,
and dreams really do come true.
To believe is to see angels
dancing among the clouds,
To know the wonder of a stardust sky
and the wisdom of the man in the moon.
To believe is to know 
the value of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's eyes
and the beauty of an aging hand,
for it is through their teachings 
we learn to love.
To believe is to find the strength
and courage that lies within us.
When it is time to pick up the
 pieces and begin again.
To believe is to know 
we are not alone,
That life is a gift and 
this is our time to cherish it.
To believe is to know that wonderful surprises
are just waiting to happen
And all our hopes and dreams 
are within reach.
If only we believe.

Author Unknown

Believe it!  Each and every new day is a new beginning!  That is truly a gift that just keeps on giving.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

jack69 said...

Starting late on my daily ritual, love this post as always. And I like to think I am very positive and Believe that Every day is wonderful and a good gift.
Love to you dear one,
Sherry & Jack down in Fla where my girl tells me it is supposed to get town to 24 here, IMPOSSIBLE I SAY, please look at another forcast. hahahahaha

Hollie said...

I love the little poem! It's so true! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

JeanJournal said...

Enjoyed your thoughts today. I really like those pretty shoes! Oh yes! Comfortable shoes are a GOOD thing. (and your feet look pretty in pink) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl

betty said...

Happy New Year, Ma! I am enjoying your Twelve Days of Christmas. You give me food for thought and make me smile. I am going to join in with the nine ladies dancing. Let's see, shall we do the bachata?
(I just returned from the Dominican Republic.)

Buttercup said...

I'm cozy in my slippers here in New York, so enjoying this winter's afternoon and wishing you happy and cozy, too!

grammy said...

Loved catching up!!
I never wear slippers...I do wear those puffy socks all over the house though.
Always enjoy your posts and your poems!
oh and I can NOT dance. lol

TARYTERRE said...

I loved these poems. Very touching. Especially the part that said, "The innocence of a child's eyes and the beauty of an aging hand." Gave me goosebumps. Your comfy footwear looks like just the thing to put on tired, achy feet. OR to dance. I LOVE the Twelve Days of Christmas. Only a few days left. ENJOY! Take care.

That corgi :) said...

I like those slippers, they do look comfy! I like that Christmas can be year round, we just need to look at how to celebrate it year round! Something to ponder in this new year ahead!

betty