It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 19, Book 12



For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.

Clarence E. Hodges


THANKFUL THURSDAY!

Being thankful for the gift of today, and the joy that I find in it, seems like the most simplistic of things to be thankful for, but in reality, it’s probably the most difficult to remain focused upon.  So many things happen in life that allow me to stray from my focus of this that it’s always nice to be refocused on the things that really matter.  And nothing is more important than the gift that we’ve been granted in today.

We as human beings often suffer from a terrible disease.  It’s called, the Take It For Granted disease.  We wake up in the morning, and we take that for granted.  Our bodies, have the ability to breath in oxygen, and our lungs the ability to process that so that we can have air to live off of, and we take it for granted.  We laugh, cry, eat, drink, love, and every emotion in between, and we’ll take that for granted.  

Every simple thing that happens throughout the course of the day is often taken for granted as it comes as an expectation that it was simply going to happen.  I don’t want to take these things for granted.  Quite the opposite.  I want to relish in the gifts that they truly are and be joyful that I have the ability to get up in the morning, to walk around, and to embrace all of the joy that has been gifted to me on THIS day. 

We often forget about enjoying the life we have right now, in this moment. We often forget that, at some point, these moments will be gone. 

I'm thankful this Thursday for each new day.

I hope you are too!

'OnYa'-ma

8 comments:

LYN said...

Very inspirational as always..

TARYTERRE said...

Savoring each moment is important. We take far too many of them for granted, it's true. It's usually not until something serious happens that we learn to appreciate that the present is a gift. Great reminder, MA. We're expecting 2 to 3 inches of snow today and more tommorrow. What about you? Stay warm.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes snow is expected here also, but I think only an inch or two. Well I hope so anyway.

Kath said...

I have always tried not to take things for granted Ma.Now I have breathing problems,I still thank the Dear Lord each day for giving me good health in the past,and a new day to do my best.I am thankful always for small mercy's.Have a lovely Thankful Thursday Ma.Stay warm and take things steady.I hope your friend is feeling a little better today who had the bereavement.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kath said...

I never take things for granted Ma,or at least I try not to.Even though I have problems with my breathing now,I still thank The Good Lord,for giving me another day to do my best.Have a good Thankful Thursday Ma,and I hope your friend is feeling a little better today who had the bereavement.Take Care God Bless Kathxx

Coopy said...

If there is one thing my disease has taught me, it's how precious our days really are. We are given small little miracles every single day and most are caught in the hustle bustle of the world to notice them. Every moment is a reflection yes, but also an insight as for what is to come!! Hugs.

Midlife Mom said...

I am so guilty of taking things for granted sometimes and have to stop and thank God for all the things that I am thankful for. Each breath we take is something we should thank God for! :o) Great post as always!

JeanJournal said...

I love the hymn...EACH MOMENT OF TIME IS PRECIOUS TO ME, And Jesus, my Lord expects me to be, Both faithful and true the journey all through, Each moment of time while here on earth, is precious to me. And another hymn...MY LORD KEEPS A RECORD OF THE MOMENTS I'M LIVING DOWN HERE, He knows all about me, All my troubles, and sorrows, and cares...(Ma, I'm comforted many times by putting a few lines of a hymn in Google and getting all the verses, and receiving love and peace to keep on keeping on...as I softly sing the hymns. I enjoy your words of wisdom each day, and also the words of the ones who comment, don't you?...AGAIN...THANK YOU MA! for your sweet words. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl