It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 18, Book 12



WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY/ WONDERFUL WORDS 

SORRY

Most of the time, if I say I am sorry I mean that I take responsibility for what I did wrong and try to make it right.  Saying that you are sorry simply means that you regret your choice or action toward another being or feel remorse.  It can also mean the sorry person never meant to do it or will never do it again.  

I think we've all heard the expression we are better safe than sorry.   It's a cliche that means we should be cautious.  If we're not then we may regret it.  I try not to ever have any regrets in my life.  So with that in mind, here is a list that will help us from ever having to say I'm sorry

You will never be sorry 
…for thinking before acting.
…for hearing before judging.
…for forgiving your enemies.
…for being candid and frank.
…for helping a fallen brother.
…for being honest in business.
…for thinking before speaking.
…for being loyal to your church.
…for standing by your principles.
…for closing your ears to gossip.
…for bridling a slanderous tongue.
…for harboring only pure thoughts.
…for sympathizing with the afflicted.
…for being courteous and kind to all.

Author Unknown.

This winter I've made up my mind that I'm not going to be sorry and I'm mostly keeping inside when the weather is inclement.  I've been stocking up on necessities so that I won't be forced to go out when the roads are snow covered and icy.  

I think I'm becoming more cautious as I get older and don't like to take many chances.   I absolutely love the fact that I no longer have to go out to work each day no matter what the weather.

I won't be sorry, I'll be safe.

Take good care everyone!

Have a wonderful Wednesday

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Kath said...

I am not sorry you have to go to work each day now Ma.Very happy for you.Prayers for your friend on her dear loss,I forgot to say in my last comment to you.My condolances to all.Enjoy today Ma whatever it brings.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Seems I have spent my life saying I'm sorry. Many times for things that were NOT my fault. Therefore I like your list. I'm 100% with you about keeping inside when the weather is inclement. I've stocked up too. Being cautious when the roads are covered with ice and snow is the RIGHT way to think. Better to be safe than sorry, indeed. Take care. stay warm.

jack69 said...

Wow, you are right about the things you will not be sorry for.

It is pathetic that a many folks will say I am sorry, but that is where it ends, they do not want to take the responsibility for what happened. TOUGH ONE HERE MA!

But as always, good stuff!

Jean said...

Good post MA as always. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about getting to work every day. I always work the night shifts and to this day I'm a late getting to bed person. Lol. Take care. Jean

JeanJournal said...

We're all human and do and say wrong rhings but if we're trying to live right, we'll say we're sorry if we hurt someone...It gives us peace and the one offended will know us a little better and most of the time forgive us and perhaps treat others as they should. Jean (Rome Georgia Girl) ~ (I hope I put a smile on someone's face instead of a frown)~~Ma ~ You give me many, many smiles!