It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 12, Book 12


Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day

Henri Nouwen.

Don’t you love it when really amazing things happen to you? Those moments may seem few and far between but, if we take time to notice all the treasures we encounter during an ordinary day, we’d be amazed at how great our lives actually are


Whether you believe it or not, you can find joy in many every day things if you take the time to look at them with a joyful attitude.


I do love my life and usually find JOY in every day.  That's why I faithfully participate in Thankful Thursdays

Happiness brings all of us healthier and longer lives. Not to mention is makes us feel better.  I remember learning as a child that it's easier to smile than frown...

Here's a list of various things that brought a smile to my face this week... and hopefully yours!
Bubbles in my bubble bath
A baby's laugh
Finding a penny on heads
 Fresh snow when everything is white
milk and cookies
A peaceful nap
Sunrise
Old photographs

Happiness is a feeling that arises from the thoughts we choose to hold and the actions we choose to take. 
I'm very thankful that there have been quite a few SMILES in my life this week.  I hope that you've had some of your own special JOYs too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your list of smiles from the last week, Ma, especially a baby's laugh! That is always one that brings a smile for me too! It is so true that we can find joy in pretty much anything if we set our minds to find it!

Enjoy the day!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love the list of things that bring you smiles each day. They bring me smiles too. But not this week. I have been battling the flu and losing. Been driving a porcelain bus. So-oo sick. Feel horrible. Don't know when I'll be back again to comment. take care.

Kath said...

I have had a realy good smile today Ma,two in fact.News of a friend back online after a long break minus the internet,which realy made me smile and the other a childs picture.Oh how children make you smile.They do and say the funniest things.I'll be smiling for quite a while on that one today.Have a great Thankful Thursday Ma.Take Care God Bless xx Kath xx

Hollie said...

I'm smiling also! Here's my new home:

http://mattieme.blogspot.com/

grammy said...

I've got the Joy Joy Joy..down in my Heart
down in my heart
down in my heart
to STAY!!!

jack69 said...

Thanks for inspiration. WE all need that, and you are good at supplying it.
Thanks.

We made a road trip to see our favorite widow from Maine today. One tough cookie. Always a smile, makes the world look better.
Hope the comment goes, they have been tough tonight for some reason.

JeanJournal said...

I love my life too, Ma, and each 'moment' of life is precious to me. My JOY today was my daughter and 2 great grandaughters, They are just plain ~ sweet ~ I know you're kinda partial to yours too. I enjoyed the list that makes you smile.My list is seeing a rainbow after the storm, the twinkling of the rain drops in the trees as the wind blows and the sunshine flashes on them, walking across my backyard barefooted before the dew is gone in the mornings, 2 little squirels running up and down the trees in my yard, hearing the words from a 4 year old saying "I love you, Othermama. (gotta stop...could go on and on.. I know you understand) Blessya! ~ because you sure do bless me. Jean(Rome Georgia Girl