It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 12




Finish each day and be done with it. 

You have done what you could. 

Some blunders and absurdities 

no doubt crept in; 

forget them as soon as you can. 

Tomorrow is a new day; 

begin it well and serenely and 

with too high a spirit to be 

encumbered with your old nonsense



Ralph Waldo Emerson





WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

Sometimes we start a day with the previous day still in mind. We think about the mistakes we made in the previous day, how things went wrong, and how we felt bad about it. No wonder it becomes difficult to focus on the current day. And since we cannot fully focus on the day, our performance may drop and things may once again go wrong.  

At the end of each day, we need to take some time to think about what happened that day.. We should finish dealing with that day before the next morning comes. Think of it as closing the door to the past day. You are done with it; don’t think about it anymore. You should close the door to the past day so that you can start your new day fresh.

We need a fresh start at times, a sort of mental cleansing that provides a much needed boost to our outlook on life.You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face, And show the world all the love in your heart, Then people will treat you better, You're going to find that you're wonderful as you feel

We often need more than simply a new day.  People need more than a change of scenery. we also need some kind of radical internal change.  We need to start each new day with a fresh outlook on life

Make it a point to look for joy. It can be a great distraction to try and find the bright spots of joy in your life.

Investing our time and energy into experiences, particularly those we can enjoy with our family and friends, is much more likely to enhance our lives in the long run. Life is too short to drink bad wine, eat trashy food and spend all my precious free time taking care of and worrying about stuff I don’t really need.
Surviving 2012 doesn't mean mapping out all 366 days in advance. We only get one at a time. Hopefully there will be more good ones than bad.

Remember, health, happiness and success do not just happen by accident. In 2012, take what life throws your way, do your best and each new day will be a wonderful one!

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday !

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You WILL NEVER KNOW how much I needed to hear ALL OF THIS!!! I feel you did this entry just for me!!! Thank YOU!!!

It's after much struggling that I have decided that I'm closing my blog down! There's various reasons, but I just feel it's time for a change mainly... I may blog again at some point, but I will keep in touch with my friends!


I treasure our friendship!
Love you,
Hollie

jack69 said...

As always good stuff MA! I loved the picture tied with Emerson's words.
Very hard to do, but so nice when you can.
Thanks as always,
A little rain here, but 68 & climbing.
Wishing you a great day!

Kath said...

I started my year with many changes and just as you have explained here Ma,I am doing just that.I feel better for it already.I woke with a smile and went for a walk,it was wonderful.Made the best of the sunshine we were given today and said Thankyou to the Good Lord too,for sending us this weather in January.Have agreat Monday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

Pat MacKenzie said...

Good advice Ma. Thanks for the reminder to let the past go and concentrate on the here and now.

I feel dumb, but I just realized what your titles mean. Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 12. Month, Day and Year. Duh!

Scrappy quilter said...

Another wonderful word of wisdom. And the picture...stunning. Thanks for always sharing such great words of insight. Hugs

JeanJournal said...

Raining again today, but this is still WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!~I'm just glad there's NO snow, because then one of the kids insist I come for a visit. (and I need to catch up on so many things that need to be done here.) Good words of wisdom today. Jean(Rome Georgia Girl